Gulf experiment seeks to explain the Bermuda Triangle

In summary, some scientists are wondering if giant gas bubbles could be sucking ships beneath the Bermuda Triangle, but there's no evidence to support this theory.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
BRADENTON BEACH -- Some scientists wonder if giant gas bubbles could be sucking ships beneath the Bermuda Triangle.
[some pretty lousy writing! I think they mean sinking ships.]

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73143116169015&Avis=SH&Dato=20030801&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=308010471&Ref=AR

Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing to explain in the Bermuda Triangle. There are no more missing vessels there then any other body of water with the same traffic.

Yes; sinking ships and sucking writers. This is not at all a new idea (as the artical says). Floating objects that pass over water that is bubbling sink, this is already well known. The BBC and Discovery Channel say they have broken new ground by doing it at sea, but I think they've pretty much just filmed a really cool-looking sp effect that will draw in viewers.

Living in the "Great Lakes Triangle", I have allways had an interest in "unexplaind" dissapearences of ships & planes. Per square mile, we have more of these than the Bermuda triangle. I used to think something could be made of the fact that the Agonic Line runs through both. Now I just think that, as a wise Freak once said, there's "nothing to explain".

Just a thought...

Remember this one?
Sonic boom? Earthquake? Big bang theories abound

http://www.charleston.net/stories/080203/loc_02boom.shtml

At first I was thinking this was a classified aircraft test; but then I noticed this:

"So what's left? One theory batted around was that it could be "Seneca Guns," a folk explanation used to describe unexplained booms often associated with the coast of North Carolina. Such booms have been experienced in North America since before the Age of Flight, some as early as the 18th century."

Could this be related to the hypothesis that huge gas emissions result from exposed layers of methelhydrate [I think this is the correct form suggested for this].

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the Gulf experiment?

The Gulf experiment is a scientific research project that aims to provide a scientific explanation for the mysterious phenomena that occur in the Bermuda Triangle, a region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean.

What are the goals of the Gulf experiment?

The main goals of the Gulf experiment are to collect and analyze data on the weather, ocean currents, and other environmental factors in the Bermuda Triangle, and to use this data to develop a theory that can explain the various strange occurrences reported in the area.

Who is conducting the Gulf experiment?

The Gulf experiment is being conducted by a team of scientists from various fields, including oceanography, meteorology, and geology. The project is being funded by several government agencies and private organizations.

What methods are being used in the Gulf experiment?

The Gulf experiment uses a combination of field observations, data collection, and computer modeling to study the environmental conditions in the Bermuda Triangle. The team also plans to conduct controlled experiments in a simulated Bermuda Triangle environment to test their theories.

When will the results of the Gulf experiment be available?

The Gulf experiment is an ongoing project, and the team is continuously collecting and analyzing data. It is difficult to predict when the final results will be available, but the team plans to publish their findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals as they become available.

Back