1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gumbel dustribution

1. Mar 17, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am not very familiar with this distribution.It asking me the proportion of switches that fails to meet specification.The questoin is:

The specification for the output rise time of a bipolar Hall switch is between 0.23 and 0.27 microseconds. Fly Electronics can only achieve a process capability ( ) of 0.8.
    (i) If Fly electronics achieve a process mean of 0.25, what proportion of switches would fail to meet specification if rise times are normally distributed?
    (ii) Suppose Fly Electronics manufactured switches with a mean that is off centre and only achieve a process performance ( ) of 0.7. What proportion of switches would fail to meet specification if rise times are normally distributed?

(iii) If Fly electronics achieve a process mean of 0.25, what proportion of switches would fail to meet specification if rise times have a Gumbel distribution?

I found out that standard deviation is 8.33*10^-3.I did first 2 parts,not sure how to do 3.

2. Relevant equations

Gumbel distr. has cdf
    F(x)=exp(-exp(-(x-e)/d))
    mean=e+0.57722*d
    sd=1.28255*d

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?