Guy is coming around to us lefties

• News
  • Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, Pengwuino is slowly coming around to the lefties in his beliefs, but he's still a bit hesitant.
Smurf
Personally I think the guy is coming around to us lefties, he's just too shy to admit it yet. :biggrin:

What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
I dunno. It's like trying to make a gay person straight. :rofl:

Seriously, people in general will move from the right to the left with more education (in science, humanities, etc., not so much business, engineering, etc.), with travel abroad (not in the military), through experiencing/seeing economic hardships, and other factors like gender, religion, etc.

IMO ultimately one must be spiritual enough to sense things, like intuition or an instinct if you will. Perhaps it's a trait that will become increasingly prevalent as humans continue to evolve into more superior beings (assuming the more primitive militant types don't destroy the Earth first).

SOS2008 said:
Seriously, people in general will move from the right to the left with more education (in science, humanities, etc., not so much business, engineering, etc.), with travel abroad (not in the military), through experiencing/seeing economic hardships, and other factors like gender, religion, etc.
Conversely, they tend to move from left to right with age...

Nonsense, Pengwuino is like Luke Skywalker. Darth Vader may tempt him to join the dark side, but he'll resist. :biggrin:

(Never mind that Annakin was successfully lured to the dark side; remember he turned back to the good side at the end. 'Course, when you think about it, maybe Annakin just flip-flops more often than John Kerry) :rofl:

smurf said:
Personally I think the guy is coming around to us lefties, he's just too shy to admit it yet.

What do you think?
First of all, I believe Pengwuino is absorbing the knowledge (as am I). I don't like to say that I lean to the left, but the left is where I share a lot of my common beliefs today. So it doesn't really matter whether he decides to convert or not... as long as the understanding is there.
SOS2008 said:
I dunno. It's like trying to make a gay person straight. :rofl:

IMO ultimately one must be spiritual enough to sense things, like intuition or an instinct if you will. Perhaps it's a trait that will become increasingly prevalent as humans continue to evolve into more superior beings (assuming the more primitive militant types don't destroy the Earth first).

yeSOS, I agree... I am a convert myself... violence & conspiracy was my old hat... with both, they are bound to bite you back... therefore as life lessons learned, international travel (not just resorts & shopping), and being disenfranchised with corporate jobs... i realized that you like the system and the game as long as you are moving in the right direction in it (up). And as we overextend ourselves, we need to maintain a lie to some degree to uphold what we've built (sorta like the state of America as I've just read from another thread)... today, the freedom of honesty is more freedom and less frustration than I've ever had in my life... the only frustration I have is reading posts from individuals not willing to open their eyes (or give up their lies). :rolleyes:

Like iron filings to a magnet... intelligence is drawn to truth. :biggrin:

http://www.penguin-place.com/post/index22.html

Sorry, we don't allow threads directed at a single member without their involvement.

1. What does it mean when someone is "coming around to us lefties"?

When someone is "coming around to us lefties", it means that they are starting to understand and support the perspectives and needs of left-handed individuals.

2. Is being left-handed a disadvantage in society?

Historically, left-handed individuals have faced challenges and discrimination due to the majority of tasks and tools being designed for right-handed people. However, society is becoming more aware and accommodating of left-handed individuals.

3. Do left-handed people think differently from right-handed people?

There is no evidence to suggest that left-handed people think differently from right-handed people. However, some studies have shown that left-handed individuals may have an advantage in certain tasks, such as spatial reasoning and creativity.

4. Are there any health risks associated with being left-handed?

Being left-handed is not inherently associated with any health risks. However, left-handed individuals may have a higher likelihood of developing certain conditions, such as dyslexia and schizophrenia, although the reasons for this are still unknown.

5. Can someone become left-handed later in life?

While it is possible for someone to learn to use their non-dominant hand more frequently, it is unlikely for someone to truly become left-handed later in life. Handedness is determined by brain structure and is typically established during fetal development.