Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guys try this out.

1. Apr 12, 2007 #1
    This test supposedly tells you what your major should be. Does any of yours actually say physics or science? It turned out I should be an art major. Wow, that's a little off from what I am doing now. :rolleyes:

Edit: my bad, here's link

http://www.brainfall.com/test5_1.php
    be patient, it loads a little slow

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2007 #2
    Which test?

4. Apr 12, 2007 #3
    Thank you for sending that imaginary link. I'll to try it after finish I arm-wrestling Heisenburg.

5. Apr 12, 2007 #4
    where's the link!

6. Apr 12, 2007 #5
    I received the same advice, art major. :confused:

7. Apr 12, 2007 #6
    It says I should be a lolacopter piolet, I'm not sure if that is correct or not but I'll take it.

[​IMG]

PS: The link is covered in weaksauce.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  8. Apr 12, 2007 #7
    Mine said part engineering, part computer science...which doesn't seem too far off, as I probably would have told you I was going into engineering/computer science from age 8 or 9 up until about age 17...at that point, I started questioning it, and now consider myself to be undecided.

9. Apr 12, 2007 #8

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mine said

yet I'm doing a PhD in mircobiology

10. Apr 12, 2007 #9
    Ooo the link worked~
    it says I should be business. Which is kinda right, I'm a computer science major but my goal is if I get into a big company I'll make them pay for me to get my MBA, wee!

11. Apr 12, 2007 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Terrible. The options are so narrow. I thought it would be fun. When it came to the food options, I don't even eat anything listed. Or the TV shows. I don't watch them. Or, I read books and enjoy them. That wasn't there either.

12. Apr 12, 2007 #11
    Heh, check out what I got:

Your major should be Engineering. Logic is your friend. With enough work, you can find a solution to anything... Unless it involves dating or parties.

I'm doing a PhD in physics, so it wasn't too far off!

13. Apr 12, 2007 #12
    I tied. I think it expresses my inner contradictions quite well. It took me a long time to decide to major in physics. Though I think the creative bit is more of my longing for creativity than actually having creativity. :(

Your major should be part Engineering. Logic is your friend. With enough work, you can find a solution to anything... Unless it involves dating or parties.

Your major should be part Art. You are sensitive, creative, and you don't follow established rules. Unfortunately, you'll have to follow some rules if you ever want that promotion at Starbucks.

14. Apr 12, 2007 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, for such limited choices, none of which seemed quite right, I'm impressed:

15. Apr 12, 2007 #14
    This is one of the silliest test I have ever seen.

16. Apr 12, 2007 #15

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I couldn't identify with any of the choices for most of the problems.

17. Apr 12, 2007 #16
    Hey guys, this is what mine said:
    Your major should be Computer Science. You like nothing more than spending long nights with friends in the computer lab... which is a good thing since that's exactly how you'll spend the next couple years.

but i'm in EE with the possibility of computer engineering. I scored close enough!

18. Apr 12, 2007 #17
    Your major should be Engineering. Logic is your friend. With enough work, you can find a solution to anything... Unless it involves dating or parties.

I agree though, the test was terrible! I thought this was going to be a serious test, but the options were silly!

19. Apr 12, 2007 #18

wolram

Gold Member

Mine said i am going to be a phykolo, phycologi, head doctor.

20. Apr 13, 2007 #19

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    The spelling is almost as funny as being a head doctor.

There wasn't a single question that included my first choice among the options. In fact, most didn't include by second through 37th options. The end result was surprisingly close. Mine said:

21. Apr 13, 2007 #20

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I knew I was a renaissance man. I got a tie between engineering and art. Huh.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?