How can the HCPL3120 driver improve current control in an H bridge system?

• Thread starter maimahmoud25
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bridge
In summary, an H bridge is an electronic circuit that controls the direction of current flow, and the HCPL3120 driver is a specific type of optical isolator used to drive this circuit. The H bridge with HCPL3120 driver works by using four switches to control current flow, with the driver providing safety and isolation. Its advantages include directional control and improved safety and reliability, but potential drawbacks include complexity and susceptibility to damage. Common applications include motor control, robotics, and power supply control, as well as in critical systems like medical equipment and industrial control.
maimahmoud25
TL;DR Summary
H-bridge configuration makes voltage across Li, to be (VLOAD ± Ibat). By controlling I(lin),controls load current iLOAD ( which pass through Lin).Function of control logic is to sense VPzT and determines reference current that corresponds to the desired loading at that voltage. Reference and actual currents are compared, and the difference is passed through a hysteresis to generate the switching signals.The VLOAD, iLOAD must be in phase, but this isn't occur in my schematic so what is the wrong?
1571730461138.png

Attachments

• hbridge 1.JPG
    hbridge 1.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 361
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Your schematic is not quite high enough resolution for me to be able to read when I enlarge it. Could you maybe print it to a PDF file and attach that higher-resolution document?

And what kind of drive waveform are you waning to simulate? Drive the motor one way and then stop it and drive it the other way?

Likes maimahmoud25
i uploaded all system with low resolution, then i uploaded each part alone to can see them with good resolution.

i use control logic with h bridge to control the current of inductor Lin.
1571823579194.png
1571823613148.png
1571823647982.png

Attachments

• H bridge with hcpl3120.jpg
    H bridge with hcpl3120.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 625

1. What is an H bridge with HCPL3120 driver?

An H bridge with HCPL3120 driver is an electronic circuit used to control the direction and speed of a DC motor. It consists of four switches arranged in an "H" pattern, with the HCPL3120 driver providing the necessary signals to control the switches.

2. How does an H bridge with HCPL3120 driver work?

The HCPL3120 driver receives input signals from a microcontroller or other control circuit, and uses these signals to control the switches in the H bridge. By turning the switches on and off in a specific sequence, the direction and speed of the motor can be controlled.

3. What are the advantages of using an H bridge with HCPL3120 driver?

One advantage is that it allows for bidirectional control of the motor, meaning it can rotate in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions. Additionally, the HCPL3120 driver provides isolation between the control circuit and the high voltage switches, increasing safety and reducing the risk of damage to the control circuit.

4. What types of motors can be controlled with an H bridge and HCPL3120 driver?

An H bridge with HCPL3120 driver can be used to control a variety of DC motors, including brushed and brushless motors. It can also be used with other types of loads, such as solenoids or LEDs.

5. Are there any limitations to using an H bridge with HCPL3120 driver?

One limitation is that it requires a power source with a higher voltage than the motor being controlled. Additionally, the HCPL3120 driver has a maximum current rating, so it may not be suitable for high current applications.