Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ha Ha Ha America

1. Mar 12, 2006 #1
    :biggrin: Hi guys, I saw this gem and immediately thought of you guys, hope you are keeping well.

A political satire on both China and the USA as you have never seen before, seriously I think all of us need a comic relief to go further in our contemplation and discussion.

Enjoy, no offence intended whatsoever .

http://www.chinathetimes.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,38/topic,130.0

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2006 #2
    That video is slow. Is it on a 56k dial up modem server?

4. Mar 12, 2006 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, I couldn't watch it - it was loading too slow.

5. Mar 12, 2006 #4

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow. Just wow.

If you want to insult someone in English, don't do it in Engrish.

6. Mar 12, 2006 #5
    Yeah, it's a real gem if you want to watch China bash America for 15 minutes straight.

7. Mar 12, 2006 #6
    :rofl: it calls Bush a Hero in china for sending all the jobs there and getting the chinese out of poverty :rofl: The video is full of contradictions :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  8. Mar 12, 2006 #7

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

China movie move too slow

Adam commence cry

How in the hell did this get on Sundance? Are you allowed to upload anything there?

9. Mar 12, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

[sarcasm]A crappy movie done by a 12 year old bashing America got to the Sundance Film Festival? I never would have guessed [/sarcasm]

If an American did this to any other nation on earth, we'd be getting demands for appologies all over the world and liberals would be demanding hangings for the producers etc etc.

10. Mar 12, 2006 #9
    Ha Ha Ha,

China laugh

looseyourname slow internet.

Ha Ha Ha

(makes victory sign) ^.^

11. Mar 12, 2006 #10
    :rofl: :rofl: That music!!! I couldn't take it.

12. Mar 12, 2006 #11

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Not Adam fault

On cable modem

Ha ha ha China

Censorship make internet slow

(I know that's probably not it but whatever)

13. Mar 12, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i mean, xenophobe!

14. Mar 12, 2006 #13
    Did anyone else notice all the AMERICAN companies in that video that were in china? Where does the creator of that movie think those profits go?

HA HA HA

China got whored

HA HA HA

15. Mar 12, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I don't think the creator did a lot of thinking when he made that video. I would have, at the least, found someone who knew some decent english. Or well, i mean "find english know good guy ha ha ha"

16. Mar 12, 2006 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I tried again and still only got 30 seconds in before I couldn't take it being so slow. Still, it really does sound like an 8 year old trying to make fun of the US. Even if you were to clean up the grammar, the tone is just so juvenile. It would be more insulting if it weren't so pathetic.

17. Mar 12, 2006 #16

Art

The film was made by an American (from Michigan). It is a satirical look at the US's relationship with China and is intended as a wake up call to americans. :rolleyes:

18. Mar 12, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well I guess i'm woken up! I never could have dreamt an American could be so dense (ok that's a lie) or that the sundance film festival could endorse such pathetic displays of ignorance (lied again).

It's hard to imagine what this guy was thinking when he made a film about US businesses taking over China yet still used the word "Communism".

19. Mar 12, 2006 #18

Art

The director is Jon Daniel Ligon, an advertising executive at Improved & New Advertising with a MFA in creative writing from Brown University who thought it would be interesting to make a short film which was meant to be read rather than watched. As I mentioned it's a satire; not a lecture in US-China relations.

I think it was intended for people with a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

And guess what. This "dense" american has managed to get his movie talked about all over the web and attain critical acclaim from some serious publications.

20. Mar 12, 2006 #19
    HA HA HA,

Art funny he is

HA HA HA

Outsourced our humor

HA HA HA

hillbilly art

21. Mar 12, 2006 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You have to pretty much have the stupidest sense of humor imaginable to think that was at all funny. I mean the absolute worst anti-US/Bush SNL skit was 10x better then that piece of crap. The SNL skit you might chuckle a bit and maybe think it's not in good taste... but this movie kinda leaves you scratching your head looking for meaning and trying to make sense of half of what it says. Plus they add in this idea that Chinese people aren't capable of speaking any other languages. It was much worse then your usual foreigner satire with the lack of language skills.

Pathetic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?