China-USA Political Satire: Ha Ha Ha America

• News
  • Thread starter Polly
  • Start date
In summary: Not even a weak pun or clever gibe could save it. As for the "outsource our humor" statement, I'm pretty sure outsourcing American humor would be a good thing.In summary, the video is full of contradictions and China laugh at it.
Polly
:biggrin: Hi guys, I saw this gem and immediately thought of you guys, hope you are keeping well.

A political satire on both China and the USA as you have never seen before, seriously I think all of us need a comic relief to go further in our contemplation and discussion.

Enjoy, no offence intended whatsoever .

http://www.chinathetimes.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,38/topic,130.0

Physics news on Phys.org
That video is slow. Is it on a 56k dial up modem server?

Yeah, I couldn't watch it - it was loading too slow.

Wow. Just wow.

If you want to insult someone in English, don't do it in Engrish.

Yeah, it's a real gem if you want to watch China bash America for 15 minutes straight.

:rofl: it calls Bush a Hero in china for sending all the jobs there and getting the chinese out of poverty :rofl: The video is full of contradictions :rofl:

Last edited:
China movie move too slow

Adam commence cry

How in the hell did this get on Sundance? Are you allowed to upload anything there?

[sarcasm]A crappy movie done by a 12 year old bashing America got to the Sundance Film Festival? I never would have guessed [/sarcasm]

If an American did this to any other nation on earth, we'd be getting demands for appologies all over the world and liberals would be demanding hangings for the producers etc etc.

Ha Ha Ha,

China laugh

looseyourname slow internet.

Ha Ha Ha

(makes victory sign) ^.^

:rofl: :rofl: That music! I couldn't take it.

Not Adam fault

On cable modem

Ha ha ha China

Censorship make internet slow

(I know that's probably not it but whatever)

loseyourname said:
Not Adam fault

On cable modem

Ha ha ha China

Censorship make internet slow

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i mean, xenophobe!

Did anyone else notice all the AMERICAN companies in that video that were in china? Where does the creator of that movie think those profits go?

HA HA HA

China got whored

HA HA HA

I don't think the creator did a lot of thinking when he made that video. I would have, at the least, found someone who knew some decent english. Or well, i mean "find english know good guy ha ha ha"

I tried again and still only got 30 seconds in before I couldn't take it being so slow. Still, it really does sound like an 8 year old trying to make fun of the US. Even if you were to clean up the grammar, the tone is just so juvenile. It would be more insulting if it weren't so pathetic.

Pengwuino said:
[sarcasm]A crappy movie done by a 12 year old bashing America got to the Sundance Film Festival? I never would have guessed [/sarcasm]

If an American did this to any other nation on earth, we'd be getting demands for appologies all over the world and liberals would be demanding hangings for the producers etc etc.
The film was made by an American (from Michigan). It is a satirical look at the US's relationship with China and is intended as a wake up call to americans. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Art said:
The film was made by an American. It is a satirical look at the US's relationship with China and is intended as a wake up call to americans. :rolleyes:

Well I guess I'm woken up! I never could have dreamt an American could be so dense (ok that's a lie) or that the sundance film festival could endorse such pathetic displays of ignorance (lied again).

It's hard to imagine what this guy was thinking when he made a film about US businesses taking over China yet still used the word "Communism".

Pengwuino said:
Well I guess I'm woken up! I never could have dreamt an American could be so dense (ok that's a lie) or that the sundance film festival could endorse such pathetic displays of ignorance (lied again).

It's hard to imagine what this guy was thinking when he made a film about US businesses taking over China yet still used the word "Communism".
The director is Jon Daniel Ligon, an advertising executive at Improved & New Advertising with a MFA in creative writing from Brown University who thought it would be interesting to make a short film which was meant to be read rather than watched. As I mentioned it's a satire; not a lecture in US-China relations.

I think it was intended for people with a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

And guess what. This "dense" american has managed to get his movie talked about all over the web and attain critical acclaim from some serious publications.

Last edited by a moderator:
HA HA HA,

Art funny he is

HA HA HA

Outsourced our humor

HA HA HA

hillbilly art

You have to pretty much have the stupidest sense of humor imaginable to think that was at all funny. I mean the absolute worst anti-US/Bush SNL skit was 10x better then that piece of crap. The SNL skit you might chuckle a bit and maybe think it's not in good taste... but this movie kinda leaves you scratching your head looking for meaning and trying to make sense of half of what it says. Plus they add in this idea that Chinese people aren't capable of speaking any other languages. It was much worse then your usual foreigner satire with the lack of language skills.

Pathetic.

Presumably he wanted to yank his fellow americans' chain and judging by the reactions of some of the US posters here he suceeded. :rofl:

Art said:
Presumably he wanted to yank his fellow americans' chain and judging by the reactions of some of the US posters here he suceeded. :rofl:

Considering it was at Sundance, its more likely he was trying to make a serious 'mockumentary' like Michael Moore and like Moore, failed horribly... except this guy didn't have teh smarts to try to profit off it it.

lol that's funny :) (must'n be nice viewing for americans tho)

<china> All YoUr BaSes BelonG to Us! </china>

Last edited:
:biggrin: Glad you guys enjoyed it. Hey, no hard feelings, that was just for a laugh. Howdy Art and Anttech :biggrin: .

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching it too, although the monkey tail part could have been left out (what is it supposed to signify anyway?). Definately good satire.

Monique, I looked it up and I don't suggest you do the same... :/

I liked the part about China blooming like a female detective with oversized testicles.

Art said:
I think it was intended for people with a sense of humour. :rolleyes:
I think it just wasn't funny.

I can laugh at America all day, but that was just kinda stupid.

The Colbert Report, now there's some good satire (truth).

Arg, the Colbert Report and this video both suck. He is no John stewart to have his own show.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Arg, the Colbert Report and this video both suck. He is no John stewart to have his own show.

This video, yeah. But the Report? That's comedic genious. So I got to ask, Why do you hate our troops?:rofl:

Steve Colbert is NO John stewart. Not by a long shot.

It's the bears, isn't it?

No, the guy just isn’t funny. He has no skills in satire like Stewart. No delivery either. Plus his interviews stink.

I agree that John Stuart is awesome, but Stephen Colbert is funny too. I'm beginning to really like his show.

From what I read here, it sounds a bit like a chinese version of "Tintin in Africa", no ?