What is your best school prank?

• Thread starter Hypercase
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation is about pranks that have been pulled in school or college. One person shares a prank involving setting up computers to dial every room in two high rise dorms, while another shares a prank involving freezing a dead lab rat and throwing it into someone's room. Another person talks about a prank involving tapping into the dorm's PA system and playing the Smurf song. They all express their excitement for engineering at university and the potential for more pranks.
Hypercase
Hi y'all
The year is almost at an end, and with finals and preps around the corner,
what really cheers the mood is a good Nasty prank(MIT slang->hack). :biggrin:
So out with it, let's read of your interesting prankd in school/college.

-Cheers. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
The best that we did at MSU (bored engineers are never a good thing) we set up four computers to war dial the two largest high rise dorms. These two buildings are 11 stories tall and have identical floor layouts (about 20 rooms per floor). The computers were set up to dial each room sequently two starting on the first floors, two on the top floors. They would then go down and up until the two starting on the first floor reached the top floor first room dialed and vice-a-versa. Another feature of these computers is that they were also talking to each other so if any computer got out of sinc with the other computers it would stop until the others caught up

This is a great one from my friend at Cal tec, in some of the older buildings the dorm room dors have the vent window at the top of the door. Well the prank was to freeze a dead lab rat in liquid Nitrogen, then huck said frozen ratsickle into somebody's room and run like hell. Now the person who was "ratfinked" could either chase down the prepetrator of this prank or clean up the million of frozen rat shards before they thawed and sank into the carpet

Argentum, that has all the geekiness of one of my friend's pranks. Their dorm had a PA system in it that was never really used. Well, they tapped into the wires and broadcast the Smurf tape song "I'm a blue toothbrush, you're a pink toothbrush" throughout the dorms. (Okay, now who here knows what a smurf is other than the nickname of one of the members and is old enough to remember that tape? Yes, folks, that was a cassette, not a CD).

I personally can not wait for engineering at univerisity .I only hope i get accepted so i can set up pranks with other geeks like me. :p

1. What is the funniest school prank you have ever pulled?

The funniest school prank I have ever pulled was when I convinced my teacher that it was "National Bring Your Pet to School Day" and brought in a stuffed animal dressed as a dog. The teacher was confused and the whole class couldn't stop laughing.

2. Have you ever gotten in trouble for a school prank?

Yes, I have gotten in trouble for a school prank before. One time, my friends and I put plastic wrap on the toilet seats in the boys' bathroom and we got caught on camera. We had to clean it up and got detention.

3. What inspired you to come up with your best school prank?

I am naturally a creative and mischievous person, so coming up with pranks is something I enjoy. My best school prank was inspired by a prank I saw online and I thought it would be hilarious to try it out at school.

4. Did anyone get hurt during your best school prank?

No, my best school prank was harmless and no one got hurt. It was all in good fun and everyone involved found it funny.

5. Have you ever regretted pulling a school prank?

Yes, I have regretted pulling a school prank before. One time, my friends and I thought it would be funny to switch the labels on the boys' and girls' bathrooms. But it ended up causing a lot of confusion and inconvenience for students and teachers, so I regretted it afterwards.