Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Had difficulty registering

1. Aug 12, 2007 #1
    I finally succeeded in completing registration on this site. I first attempted to do this a week ago using one e-mail address, and a handle with a subscript (_) in it. I didn't have an e-mail 3 days later and thought because I unchecked "receive e-mail from administrators" option that a bug occurred skipping on the registration e-mail. I then tried to register with another alias that contained a _, using a different e-mail and left the e-mail from administrators option checked. This did not work either. I then made a yahoo mail account and registered a name without any subscripts and succeeded.

I checked my spam folders on the first 2 e-mail addresses and never found a physics forum e-mail. I think your software may have issue with either the mail system or the handling of names that contain subscripts.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2007 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll check it out. Thanks for the notice. Let me know if you want me to activate one of your other accounts (send me a PM).

- Warren

4. Aug 13, 2007 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I haven't played with my notification settings to test, but I don't think I've gotten a PF email in a long, long time. And my email addy has the same underscore as my username.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?