How can I solve my hair problems?

• Thread starter avanaco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary, Avanaco is seeking advice on hair loss and is considering using hair extensions as a solution. Other users recommend seeing a doctor to determine the cause of the hair loss and suggest alternatives such as a wig or medication. Some users also mention the potential risks of using hair extensions and one user questions the legitimacy of the post. Aponivin responds with a spam message. Lastly, other users make jokes and suggest using a paper bag for various purposes.
avanaco
Hi friends

I am having heavy hair fallings, i used too many haircare products conditioners and shampoos,but no use, Now my head look bald head, what to do.. I think using hair extensions better.. Can anyone suggest me...!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Avanaco.
I wouldn't even be thinking about extensions if I were you. For the kind of hair loss that you're talking about, there must be a clinical cause. Are you undergoing chemo or radiation treatment for a medical condition?
Anyhow, I'd recommend just buying a decent wig (which should be available for $20 or so if you shop well) to maintain your dignity until you find out why you're losing your hair. If an existing treatment isn't to blame, ask your doctor what's going on.

I'd stop using so many hair products as well for a while. Could be that's making whatever the problem is worse. Try just washing your hair in a mild shampoo for a week or so.

Have you been working around chemicals?

A few years ago, I worked in a chemistry lab that had poor ventilation. I started losing my hair...ironic, since I don't find bald men unattractive, but I'm a woman!

It pretty much grew back after I left that job.

I agree with Danger...if you're experiencing sudden hair loss, see a doctor. Treat the cause and it'll grow back (hopefully).

If you're using a lot of hair products that might be damaging it too, back off. Try using just a mild baby shampoo as it grows back in, but you might also need a prescription medicated shampoo from your doctor, or some other treatment, so make seeing a doctor the first step. If you're female, it's spring, wear a nice spring hat to hide it until you know what to do further (you certainly don't want to stress your hair with extensions if you're having trouble with it).

avanaco said:
Hi friends

I am having heavy hair fallings, i used too many haircare products conditioners and shampoos,but no use, Now my head look bald head, what to do.. I think using hair extensions better.. Can anyone suggest me...!
After a doctor checks you out, and if the problem dose not effect your physical health in anyway, if you still think having hair will allow you to do your job or go through life with your head held high...then you only got a small amount of things that you can do...
1. Buy a wig
2. Get hair inplant's
3. hair extension's

Untill there is a pill that tiggers the growth of hair in one section of your body.. those are the only picks there are for having a head full of hair.. I am working on away to do such, I'm tierd of all the bosly hair ads saying that there the only way to get a full natural head of hair -.-. Anyway's, you could go with the wig, it would be the cheapest and fastest solution to your problem. And there are a lot of people that have them and people can't tell that they do. Just try not to let your hair problem be a problem that will effect the life that you want to live.

But hopfully it was caused by decreased activity of the pituitary or thyroid glands, this would mean that its only temporary baldness and would not result in permanent baldness.
Allso the early stages of syphilis and a diet containing to much vitamin A can create temporary baldness, which gives you more the reason to get your self checked out by a doctor, before you deal with the issue of lack of hair. :/

I disagree with Danger that one's dignity has anything to do with the ability of their hair to stay on. But I agree that a doctor's visit is a good idea as this might be symptomatic of some deeper health problem.

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
I disagree with Danger that one's dignity has anything to do with the ability of their hair to stay on.

The prospect of baldness is obviously a cause of distress to Avanaco; that's the only reason that I mentioned it. I agree that it shouldn't be an issue (even though I assumed the OP to be female), but some people do have strong feelings about it.

hair extension

hi friend,
I think avanaco has got depressed because of hair fall...I too faced with all problems now I am using hair extension only it makes us to look beautiful ..there are many hair extensions lik poly extension,poly tips etc so u too can use it since i got nice result i recommend u too don't waste ur money in something else...

How about getting a paper bag?

You'll be able to use that to keep it in.

avanaco said:
Hi friends

If your head "look bald head", as you say, what are you going to attach the hair extensions to? You can't just glue them to the scalp; they have to be sewn or glued into your hair.

If you have thinning hair and have extensions put in, your problems could get worse. Extensions can weaken the hair you have left.

Honestly, I don't know why I am replying. This really looks like a set-up for spam.

As an old man once said many years ago when I was waiting to get my hair cut at the barber shop: "You have all the right hair in all the wrong places".

Math Is Hard said:
Honestly, I don't know why I am replying. This really looks like a set-up for spam.
Of course it's spam. Notice how we all address our responses to the OP, while aponivin talks to the rest of us.

Given that, I defer to (doctor, doctor) Brewnog's advice.

A paper bag is multi-purpose. You can put two holes in it and wear it over your head.

Gokul43201 said:
Of course it's spam. Notice how we all address our responses to the OP, while aponivin talks to the rest of us.

I was wondering if a mentor might have removed a http://www.spam.com" from aponivin's post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mentors have decided this is probably spam, and are just waiting for the grand revelation in a forthcoming post. Then comes the axe.

- Warren

aponivin said:
hi friend,
I think avanaco has got depressed because of hair fall...I too faced with all problems now I am using hair extension only it makes us to look beautiful ..there are many hair extensions lik poly extension,poly tips etc so u too can use it since i got nice result i recommend u too don't waste ur money in something else...
Well, do the extensions come in colours? Even better - two-tone? :biggrin:

I think 64 colours like Croyola box would be really cool.

Maybe irridescent! Glow in the dark!

Schrodinger's Dog said:
I'd stop using so many hair products as well for a while. Could be that's making whatever the problem is worse. Try just washing your hair in a mild shampoo for a week or so.

ya you are right. i think using mild shampoo is better. can u refer any good products?

avanaco said:
ya you are right. i think using mild shampoo is better. can u refer any good products?

Well over here, we have something called Johnson's baby shampoo, that's really good as a mild shampoo. But I don't know what products you have?

1. How can I make my hair grow faster?

There is no magical solution for making hair grow faster, but there are some tips that can help. Maintaining a healthy diet with enough protein and vitamins can promote hair growth. Additionally, reducing stress levels and avoiding harsh hair treatments can also help. Be patient and consistent with your hair care routine, and your hair will eventually grow.

2. What can I do to prevent hair breakage?

Hair breakage can be caused by various factors such as excessive heat styling, over-brushing, and chemical treatments. To prevent breakage, try to limit the use of heat styling tools and opt for gentler styling methods. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush to detangle wet hair and avoid pulling on it. Nourish your hair with regular deep conditioning treatments and avoid harsh chemicals.

3. How do I get rid of dandruff?

Dandruff is a common scalp condition that can be caused by a dry scalp, oily scalp, or a fungal infection. To get rid of dandruff, try using an anti-dandruff shampoo with active ingredients like salicylic acid or ketoconazole. It's also important to maintain a healthy scalp by washing your hair regularly and avoiding excessive use of hair products. If the problem persists, consult a dermatologist for further treatment.

4. What is the best way to repair damaged hair?

Damaged hair can be repaired, but it requires patience and consistent care. Start by trimming off the damaged ends to prevent further breakage. Use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week to nourish and repair the hair. Limit the use of heat styling tools and opt for air-drying whenever possible. Avoid harsh chemicals and opt for natural and gentle hair care products.

5. How can I prevent hair loss?

Hair loss can be caused by genetics, stress, hormonal changes, and certain medical conditions. To prevent hair loss, maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly to reduce stress levels. Avoid over-styling and harsh hair treatments. If you notice excessive hair loss, consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.