Designing a Half Pulse Shaping Circuit Using Cadence: Expert Help Needed

In summary: If you are not more forthcoming with specific information you will not get any satisfactory answers. Reading between the lines, I conclude that you may have been told that a 'raised cosine' pulse shape is good for minimising intersymbol interference.This link may be of some help. But without more help (some background, if you are totally confused by the task, perhaps(?)) we can't help much more.In summary, you need a half wave rectifier, a transistor switch, and a PIC or similar uC to generate a sine wave. You need to know how to program a microcontroller to output the waveform.
shaikss
Hi,

I need to design a circuit which gives positive half cycle of sine wave when logic 1 is given as input and negative cycle of sine wave when logic 0 is input. Please let me know how to design the same using cadence.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sounds like you need a few pieces:

A circuit that generates a sine wave

A half wave rectifier

A transistor switch that controls whether you are doing positive or negative half wave rectification With some googling I think you can find enough about each of those stages to build the circuit you want.

How good does this half sine wave need to be?
Why does it need to be sinusoidal?
There are a load of similar questions that need to be asked if you want the best answer to your needs.

shaikss said:
Hi,

I need to design a circuit which gives positive half cycle of sine wave when logic 1 is given as input and negative cycle of sine wave when logic 0 is input. Please let me know how to design the same using cadence.

Do you have any experience programming microcontrollers (uCs)? One of the easiest ways to do this is to program a PIC or similar uC with the waveform data, and have it output the waveform via an R2R ladder DAC circuit (followed by a simple opamp lowpass filter of course).

berkeman said:
Do you have any experience programming microcontrollers (uCs)? One of the easiest ways to do this is to program a PIC or similar uC with the waveform data, and have it output the waveform via an R2R ladder DAC circuit (followed by a simple opamp lowpass filter of course).

I want to simulate the same in cadence for one of my module.
For one of my modules, I need to design half pulse shaping circuit.The input is the digital data - logic 1 and logic 0. The output should be positive cycle of sine wave when logic 1 is present and negative cycle when logic 0 is present.

shaikss said:
For one of my modules, I need to design half pulse shaping circuit.The input is the digital data - logic 1 and logic 0. The output should be positive cycle of sine wave when logic 1 is present and negative cycle when logic 0 is present.

You already said all of that in your Post #1. You have received several suggestions so far in our replies here in this thread. How do you now plan on designing this circuit?

shaikss said:

If you are not more forthcoming with specific information you will not get any satisfactory answers. Reading between the lines, I conclude that you may have been told that a 'raised cosine' pulse shape is good for minimising intersymbol interference.
This link may be of some help. But without more help (some background, if you are totally confused by the task, perhaps(?)) we can't help much more.

1. What is a half pulse shaping circuit?

A half pulse shaping circuit is an electronic circuit that is designed to shape incoming pulse signals into half pulse signals. It is commonly used in communication systems to improve the quality of the transmitted signals.

2. How does a half pulse shaping circuit work?

A half pulse shaping circuit works by using various components such as resistors, capacitors, and operational amplifiers to shape the incoming pulse signals. These components are arranged in a specific configuration to achieve the desired shaping effect.

3. What are the benefits of using a half pulse shaping circuit?

A half pulse shaping circuit can improve the quality of pulse signals by reducing distortion and noise. It also helps in minimizing the rise and fall times of the signals, which can improve the overall performance of the communication system.

4. Can a half pulse shaping circuit be customized for different applications?

Yes, a half pulse shaping circuit can be customized for different applications by adjusting the values of the components used or by changing the configuration of the circuit. This allows for versatile use in various communication systems.

5. Are there any limitations of using a half pulse shaping circuit?

One limitation of using a half pulse shaping circuit is that it may introduce some delay in the signal due to the circuit's processing time. Additionally, the circuit may also introduce some attenuation of the signal, which can affect the overall signal strength.