1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hall Effect

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1
    Hall Effect!!!!

Hey guys, I'm having a little confusion. Have spent too much time in trying to work through this. . .

In performing the Hall Effect experiment, I took data of the Hall voltage versus Temperature. I performed this three times for different fixed B, magnetic fields. The conversion factor for temperature (degrees celsius) to volts is 40 microvolts/Kelvin (not even sure if we use this here?). In the attachment there is a graph of vH vs. T for some B. I feel like I am a blind mouse, I'm confused as to what I am to derive from this relationship. Perhaps the resistivity relationship, but again, not sure. If anyone has any insight I would be most thankful.

I have completed another portion of the experiment vH versus B (for fixed T). Here I obtained a linear relationship. From this I could easily calculate the Hall Coefficient, RH. So I have that completed; its the former that is giving me trouble.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted