Optimizing Hall Voltage Accuracy: Temperature Variation Tolerance Calculation

• Thread starter evans
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, the conversation discusses the temperature variation that can be tolerated for a Hall effect magnetic sensor operating at 40°C with an accuracy of ±5%. The solution involves using a graph of hall voltage vs the absolute temperature and determining the temperature range that corresponds to an error range of ±5% from the known Hall voltage value at 40°C.
evans

Homework Statement

If a Hall effect magnetic sensor is designed to operate at 40°C, how much temperature variation would be tolerable for a Hall voltage accuracy of ±5% -I have I graph of hall voltage vs the absolute temperature but I am not sure how to go about this

Homework Equations

Temperature Variation ?Accuracy?

The Attempt at a Solution

I have I graph of hall voltage vs the absolute temperature and I know the Hall voltage value at 40°C but how to use this data

Physics news on Phys.org
evans said:
I know the Hall voltage value at 40°C
Then you know what an error range of ±5% from that looks like. What temperature range does that correspond to?

haruspex said:
Then you know what an error range of ±5% from that looks like. What temperature range does that correspond to?
Ah I get it now , Thanks !

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-24_22-22-36.png
    upload_2018-2-24_22-22-36.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 449

1. What is the purpose of optimizing hall voltage accuracy?

The purpose of optimizing hall voltage accuracy is to ensure that measurements taken using a Hall Effect sensor are as precise and accurate as possible. This is important in scientific research and engineering applications where even small errors can have significant impacts.

2. What is temperature variation tolerance?

Temperature variation tolerance is a measure of how much the output voltage of a Hall Effect sensor changes with variations in temperature. It is important to consider this when optimizing hall voltage accuracy because temperature changes can affect the accuracy of measurements.

3. How is temperature variation tolerance calculated?

Temperature variation tolerance is calculated by measuring the output voltage of a Hall Effect sensor at different temperatures and then using the data to determine the rate of change of the voltage with respect to temperature. This value is then used to determine the maximum tolerable temperature variation for a given accuracy level.

4. What factors affect temperature variation tolerance?

There are several factors that can affect temperature variation tolerance, including the material and design of the Hall Effect sensor, the temperature range in which it will be used, and the accuracy requirements of the measurement. Additionally, external factors such as electromagnetic interference and mechanical stress can also impact temperature variation tolerance.

5. How can temperature variation tolerance be improved?

To improve temperature variation tolerance, it is important to carefully select a Hall Effect sensor with a low temperature coefficient and a wide operating temperature range. Additionally, measures can be taken to reduce external factors that can affect the sensor's accuracy, such as shielding from electromagnetic interference and proper mounting to minimize mechanical stress.