How has the Syrian war impacted scientific education and research?

• Thread starter Alaa Bazayeed
  • Start date
In summary, the ongoing Syrian war has greatly impacted scientific education and research in the country. The conflict has caused widespread destruction of educational institutions and research facilities, leading to a significant decline in the quality of education and research. Many students and researchers have been forced to flee the country, resulting in a brain drain and loss of valuable talent. The lack of resources and funding due to the conflict has also hindered the progress of scientific research in Syria. Additionally, the war has disrupted international collaborations and exchanges, further hindering the advancement of scientific education and research in the country. Overall, the Syrian war has had a devastating effect on the scientific community in Syria, hindering its potential for growth and innovation.
Alaa Bazayeed
Hi everyone, my name is Alaa, 28 years old, I'm a Syrien refuge in Germany, and I'm studying physics in a German university now, I have studied physics in Syria but I had to stop because of war.
I'm so happy now that I got the chance to continue my study.
because of my long way to freedom and peace, I forgot a lot of what I have learned, I hope that I can find here a good help and that I could help as well.

have all a nice day...

Alaa

Likes Physics4Eva and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

I understand your situation. War is a terrible thing. We had been reading about the war in newspapers, but only people who have faced it, know how bad it is. At the same time, I am happy that you have got the opportunity of continuing your studies.

By the way, don't call yourself a refugee. Countries and borders are made by humans, and there is nothing above humanity. We are all equal.

In order to help you start out here, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

We shall always be there by your side. Don't hesitate to post a thread when you have any problem. :smile:

With regards,
Wrichik

Likes CivilSigma and berkeman
Welcome!