Hallucinogenic orange mushrooms

• Thread starter BicycleTree
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a mushroom while throwing rocks, feeling tired and experiencing vivid dreams afterwards. It was suggested that the tiredness and dreams could have been caused by inhaling spores from the mushroom. The location was in an abandoned sand and gravel pit in the US Northeast region. There was uncertainty about the type of mushroom, with a reference to Lactarius volemus, and no unusual smell was noted.
BicycleTree
I was throwing some rocks yesterday, when I picked up something that looked like but wasn't quite an orange roundish rock the size of my fist. It was a mushroom of some kind, much too light for a rock of that size and soft to boot.

Carefully, I washed my hands. But I felt very tired and upon lying on my bed the ceiling appeared to swirl a little and the colors appeared to fade, something like when you come into the dark after being outside on a bright day, only lasting longer. I then experienced very vivid and surreal dreams.

Physics news on Phys.org
Was there anything else that may have contributed to this?
I don't know much about Mushrooms, hallucinogenic or not, but I'm pretty sure that it could have been due to inhaling spores. Not so sure about skin contact.

Where do you live, BT? Where did you throw the rocks? :smile:

I live in the US Northeast region and was throwing rocks in an abandoned sand and gravel pit.

It could have simply been that I was very tired. I was pretty tired before picking up the mushroom anyway. Strangely, I had gotten 10 hours of sleep the previous night.

There were no spores that I noticed visibly. I did prod the mushroom with my foot after picking it up because it looked like a children's rubber kickball that had been partly melted in a fire yet not deflated--I wasn't sure it wasn't made out of plastic until I rolled it over. I suppose I could have inhaled spores as a result of that.

Not that I noticed--it was totally round, almost a sphere. More the size of two fists than one, now that I think about it. Maybe that means it was not a mushroom but some other fungus.

What are hallucinogenic orange mushrooms?

Hallucinogenic orange mushrooms are a type of fungi that contain psychoactive compounds, such as psilocybin, which can cause hallucinations when ingested.

Where can hallucinogenic orange mushrooms be found?

Hallucinogenic orange mushrooms can be found in various regions around the world, typically in damp and humid environments, such as forests and fields.

Are hallucinogenic orange mushrooms safe to consume?

While the effects of consuming hallucinogenic orange mushrooms can vary from person to person, there is a risk of experiencing negative side effects, such as nausea, anxiety, and paranoia. It is important to research and properly identify any mushrooms before consuming them.

What precautions should be taken when consuming hallucinogenic orange mushrooms?

If you choose to consume hallucinogenic orange mushrooms, it is important to be in a safe and comfortable environment, have a trusted individual present, and start with a small dose. It is also important to be aware of any potential interactions with medications or pre-existing conditions.

Can hallucinogenic orange mushrooms be used for medicinal purposes?

Some studies have shown that the psychoactive compounds in hallucinogenic orange mushrooms may have potential therapeutic benefits for conditions such as depression, anxiety, and addiction. However, further research is needed before they can be considered a viable form of treatment.