Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Halo 3 Legendary Edition

1. Mar 19, 2007 #1
    Microsoft plans to release a $129 edition of Halo 3?????????
    anyone insane to actually pay ~130$ for this???

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

Well you must be willing to pay that much it you want all the extra goodies. If you are a hardcore Halo fan, then you probably wont mind doing it. But there is no reason to charge that much for just the game.

4. Mar 19, 2007 #3
    Depends on what the extras are. I can't wait to play it though.

5. Mar 20, 2007 #4
    No way I'd pay that much of money, even if I eat breath, and drink the game...
    prices are been more and more insane.

6. Mar 21, 2007 #5
    $130 for a maybe 20 hour console game. What a waste of money. I can buy 3 pc games (new releases) and play them on my gaming rig that will beat any console into the ground.

7. Mar 21, 2007 #6
    Well it actually has a bunch of extra goodies with the game. Plus, that's 20 hours for the single player campaign. Online play can last for years if you are into that. Still a lot of money but, it's not just the game you are buying.

8. Mar 21, 2007 #7
    but 130$???
    I know it's not just the game, but that just a lot of money for a game and the additions..
    I'm a RTS fanatic, I have bought every game since red alert.
    I have a feeling that Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars would be one of the best RTS ever made, but if it was more then 50~60 I'm not buying..

9. Mar 21, 2007 #8
    Yeah, it's a lot of money. That's just the Legendary Edition though. They are going to sell the game by itself for 50 bucks. Maybe 60 if you want a metallic box. The legendary edition is for geeks like me who want a replica of master chief's helmet or something crazy like that. If I had money to throw around I would buy it. But I don't so no spartan helmet for me.

Btw, C&C3 is going to be great.

10. Mar 22, 2007 #9
    Star Trek, The Next Generation season DVD's were outrageous too. At least the game itself won't be this expensive. Thank God there will be more than 1 version, otherwise they would charge everyone crazy prices.

I say, let the fanatics who don't mind spending a crapload of money on it spend their money..

To me, this means there will be all the more money to be put into the development of Halo4 or whatever game will replace it (assuming there will be one).

11. Mar 22, 2007 #10
    I feel that a great deal of piracy today is related to the pricing.
    Because Sometimes you can't really find out if a game is good or not until you buy it...demos don't really cut it...
    To be true, sometimes I try cracked games, if they are good enough I buy them...
    If they want piracy to go, lower the price, heck if they get games to at least 50% I would buy them at random!
    And I bet you that it will increase the revenue.

12. Mar 22, 2007 #11

Lee

13. Mar 22, 2007 #12
  14. Mar 22, 2007 #13
    The world has been nuts for a long time now. :)

15. Mar 22, 2007 #14
    I hear a lot of people say that. It's true that sometimes you get tricked but there are plenty of sites that review games and if your a gamer you usually know what types of games you will like anyway. I know what kinds of games I like and I do a lot of research to make sure it doesn't suck.

Some also say that they feel they are getting ripped off by only getting paper cd sleeves instead of cases and pdf versions of manuals when they buy a game so they pirate it. In a way, they do have a point too.

All in all though, the temptation of getting something for free will always rule over other reasons, IMO.

16. Mar 22, 2007 #15
    Piracy is not as big a deal as corporations make it out to be. I would like to see the profit margins on some of these games that we are paying $50+ for. However, on the flip side, if someone was stealing my stuff I would do whatever it takes to stop them. I doubt piracy will ever be stopped. People will always find a way around the system.

17. Mar 22, 2007 #16
    I'm not in favor of piracy, it's wrong whatever the motive is, I do sound like a hypocrite, but it have it uses, I try the game, if I liked it I actually go buy it, If I didn't then forget the whole thing.
    I don't want to go around throwing my money foolishly until I find something worthy to play..
    But really, the kind of piracy I'm talking about here is in favor of games, I know that I'm not alone who do this, I can honestly say almost all of my friends do this.
    This actually boost (not to a high figure) the sales, Again I repeat no one want to go around throwing money blindly until he found something he really likes..
    Agree anyone?

18. Mar 22, 2007 #17
    There are 3 versions for Halo 3, the most expensive is $130 and the cheapest is $70 (I think).

19. Mar 22, 2007 #18

ranger

Gold Member

70 big ones is still way too much for just a game.

20. Mar 23, 2007 #19
    I don't think most pirating helps out software developers.

I do think software developers can make extremely high profit margins though, which they may not deserve. But it does help bring in more competition and increase the quality of the games.

21. Mar 23, 2007 #20
    Not most pirating, I'm talking of one kind only...
    The game is usually stripped down from almost all videos and music, to reduce size, and it's not even the whole game...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?