1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hamming Coder

1. Oct 8, 2008 #1
    Ok, so, i need to design a system with a sender and a receiver. There are 4 bits to be sent which need to be encoded using Hamming SECEDED code. Now, i need to design all the hardware individually, meaning that the receiver, the channel and the sender need to be broken down and using simple Boolean functions i need to draw a scheme for the individual parts. I managed to do everything except the error correcting part.

I can calculate the syndrome, and I know which bit was sent incorrectly, however i don't know how to build a circuit using AND, OR EXOR and NOT functions which will find the wrong bit and fix it. I guess i should have 7 inputs, one for each bit, but cant seem to understand how to use the syndrome to correct the sent data.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?