What is the Science Behind Identifying Objects?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the invention of the pogo stick on the island of Pogo, where it was used as a way to show masculinity and attract a mate. The stick was also decorated with carvings and paint. The group reminisces about playing with pogo sticks in their childhood and one person reveals that the story about the stick's invention was a lie. The conversation then shifts to making plans to drink pints and celebrate someone's birthday.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Keep on pogoing young man.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you know the pogo stick was invented on the island of pogo from natives that used bamboo shoots wrapped around with the sap of palm trees as an elastic damper to cause the 'springiness'. Jumping the highest generally meant he was the 'manliest' guy and thus got the best pick of a mate.

They also would decroate them with carvings and paints.

Cool. Do they get royalties for every stick sold? I bet not...

Happy Birthday pogo!

Hmmm, I didn't know that little pogo fact. I did enjoy jumping on them, and recall all of us kids putting streamers and stuff on them and haveing a Pogo parade.

Happy Birthday ydoaps!

I kinda lied about that whole pogo story. :devil:

Hahahaha! Well it was a believable story, at least. :smile:

One would be totally asinine to believe a spiv.

You brits. I have no idea if that's an isult or a compliment on how awesome I am.

Take the lift to my flat so we can drink some pints you fat stone, mate.

Happy Birthday YDOAPS!

hypatia said:
I did enjoy jumping on them

No, sweetie. Just because he told you that it was a pogo stick doesn't mean that it was one.

1. What is a "happy birth day pogo stick"?

A "happy birth day pogo stick" is a type of pogo stick designed specifically for birthday celebrations. It is often decorated with festive colors and patterns and may have a special birthday message or design on it.

2. How is a "happy birth day pogo stick" different from a regular pogo stick?

A "happy birth day pogo stick" is different from a regular pogo stick in its design and purpose. It is typically smaller and lighter, making it easier for children to use. It also often has additional decorations and features, such as a built-in sound or light effects.

3. Can you actually bounce on a "happy birth day pogo stick"?

Yes, you can bounce on a "happy birth day pogo stick" just like a regular pogo stick. However, due to its smaller size and added decorations, it may not be as durable or suitable for more intense bouncing activities.

4. Is a "happy birth day pogo stick" safe for children?

As with any pogo stick, it is important for children to use proper safety gear and be supervised while using a "happy birth day pogo stick". It is recommended for children over the age of 5 and should be used in a safe and open area to avoid accidents.

5. Can I customize a "happy birth day pogo stick" with my child's name or age?

Some "happy birth day pogo sticks" may offer customization options, such as adding a child's name or age. However, it is important to check with the manufacturer or retailer before purchasing to see if this option is available.