Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Birthday, ahrkron 11

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Happy Birthday, ahrkron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Happy Birthday, ahrkron!!!!!!!!!!!!![color=03366]!!![/color]!!1 :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2
    Hope your day is wonderful! Happy Birthday!

4. Nov 16, 2005 #3
    buon compleanno
    happy birthday ahrkron

marlon

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  5. Nov 16, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Happy Birthday Ahrkron!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Nov 16, 2005 #5

Astronuc

Happy Birthday,ahrkron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And may you have many more complete revolutions around the sun!

I see hrw has developed a mentor theme. :approve: :tongue: :tongue2: :biggrin:

7. Nov 16, 2005 #6
    Astronuc, it just strikes me that you have a very impressive list of recognitions...

Together with that avatar, you look (at least according to my first impression) like a three-times-Wimbledon champion from the late 70-ties...

marlon

edit ; ps, what is "Recalitrant Heathen" ?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  8. Nov 16, 2005 #7

Astronuc

It just means I have been around for a while.

Recalcitrant - definition - Marked by stubborn resistance to and defiance of authority or guidance. :biggrin:

Heathen - definition - 1. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. 2. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.

Well I am definitely recalcitrant, but I choose heathen because my religious views are unorthodox (or unconventional) and probably would not be recognized by any major religion. On the other hand, I my Orthodox Jewish friends think I could be one of them. :biggrin: I am religious, but not theistic (at least not in the coventional sense). As for civilized - well I try - but I am more of a beast (but a kind and gentle one :biggrin: ). I consider myself enlightened.

So, I am a self-declared 'Recalcitrant Heathen'. :biggrin:

9. Nov 16, 2005 #8
    Thanks for the reply, astronuc. You know, this sentence makes me think of what Al Pacino says in Scent of a Woman, in the final scene at Bairds school : "I have been around, you known"..."I have seen a thing or two ..."

ahh, great lyrics.

So am i.

Ok, here we differ. I am a very big believer in the institution of the catholic church and their version of christianity. This really started when i passed the age of 20. Prior to that, i did not care for religion. Sometimes i wonder why i got such an interest in it. I must say that i do not know the answer (yet)...

regards
    marlon

10. Nov 16, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Ahrkron, let me be the first to wish you... oops, too late. Happy Birthday anyhow. :biggrin:

11. Nov 16, 2005 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

12. Nov 16, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Birthday ahrkron!!!!!!

Hope you had a great day!
    Now we just have to get you back here into GD to see your birthday wishes!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?