Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Birthday, Dimitri Terryn

1. Jul 13, 2006 #1

Staff: Mentor

Happy Birthday, Dimitri Terryn!!!!

Happy Birthday, Dimitri ! !!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you a great day!

May you have many more!

Now where are the PF sisters hiding?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2006 #2
    Happy Birthday, Dimitri !
  4. Jul 13, 2006 #3
  5. Jul 13, 2006 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

happy birthday!
  6. Jul 13, 2006 #5

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of the handsomest, brightest men on PF!!!! :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!) :!!)

7. Jul 13, 2006 #6
    Thanks alot people! I've just gotten home, yesterday I had a birthday party near the university, and tonight I had dinner with a good friend who couldn't make it yesterday because she is doing he industrial internship (mandatory for engineering students).

If you're interested about the weird people I hang out with, you can find a photo-report of the party at

8. Jul 13, 2006 #7

Great pictures Dimitri!!!! Looks like you had a very good time. Does your offer of dark Belgium chocolate still stand? I could use a ton. :smile:
  9. Jul 13, 2006 #8
    Hmm...that could indeed be arranged. I seem to remember that I made certain promises concerning said foodstuff... I do not forget promises! :wink:
  10. Jul 13, 2006 #9
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Jul 13, 2006 #10

Gold Member

Happy Birthday!

That corner building in the third picture is interesting. It looks kinda gothic.? Man, I wish I knew more about architecture. Do you know? Sorry, it just really caught my eye. Anywho, it looks like you have some fun friends and a pretty city there. Congrats! :biggrin:
  12. Jul 13, 2006 #11
    Gothic? I doubt it. The whole are around the VUB (my university) comprises of two parts : the former military barracks and the royal hunting grounds.

The military baracks still exist, but now host the federal police. The grounds on which the university was built used to be the training grounds for the troops. We still have historically important ice cellars under the VUB, where the beer for the troops was stored :biggrin:

The Royal Hunting Grounds now only exist as the name of the main boulevard in that area (La Chase). It was urbanised in the 1950's.

I believe the name of the architecture is "Neo-Tudor". Most buildings were built in the late 19th century.
  13. Jul 13, 2006 #12

Gold Member

Hah, do you guys put on historical reenactments there?
    Great, thanks! Yeah, I was thinking of the Gothic style (some kind of neo-Gothic, revival thing) rather than the time period.
  14. Jul 14, 2006 #13

Gold Member

Happy birthday, Dimitri!!!!

Nice pics...:smile:
  15. Jul 14, 2006 #14
    Lol, no, but we used to do the initiation ritual (the "baptism") for freshmen there. A few years ago they became a protected monument so we had to stop though. :smile:

A lot more pictures were taken, but the server on which I'd like to store them is down at the moment. I'll post something when they're online.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?