Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Birthday Moonbear !

1. Oct 24, 2004 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yoohoo there, Moonbear !

Happy Birthday !!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

[​IMG] Happy Birthday Moonbear!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Oct 25, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

Well, I'm not going to try to top that! Happy Birthday Moonbear!!! :tongue2:

5. Oct 25, 2004 #4

Tsu

Gold Member

I must agree with Ivan. :biggrin:

So...have you found yourself a sailor yet?? :surprised :biggrin:

Well, find a few more. The girls and I and YOU are heading to NY for Tom's Halloween party! Hope your conference is done by Tuesday!! :-) Look for a FAST moving RV with a terrified Barbie face in the window (that will MIH - I'm drivin' the TURBO RV!! :rofl: :rofl:) Hey, Gokul! Just in case we don't make it to Paris, you're comin' on this trip, too! Pack your cosutme! Bring your Valium!! (I'm drivin'!!! :rofl: )

6. Oct 25, 2004 #5

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I don't know if I'm late for this due to the disparity of time hours here. Maybe for me your birthday was yesterday. Anyway, the light balls of Evo are irresistible. They reminded me Fever on Saturday Night with John Travolta....

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! :smile:

7. Oct 25, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Birthday, Moonbear!!! Now put down that sailor and get in the RV. :biggrin: We're going to Tom's party in NY and we still have to swing by and pick up Evo and Gokul. Dang, Tsu drives fast! :surprised Still can't believe we outran all those cops! :eek:

8. Oct 25, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

9. Oct 25, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Wow, a party complete with disco balls, that's fantastic! Thanks everyone! Nah, haven't found any sailors yet, though we had a very nice Italian waiter last night when I went out for dinner, and there's a cute bellboy here at the hotel. All my colleagues and lab group think this is a bad thing that I'm stuck at a conference for my birthday, so are determined to make it up to me by taking me out tonight...I'm not going to discourage this idea in any way :biggrin: I've just recovered from last night's partying, and now I have to figure out where I want to go tonight!

Woo hoo!

I better grab a crash helmet for this trip to NY with Tsu driving!

Oh, have to add, I already got a great birthday present...I was actually carded heading into a bar last night!! :rofl: The bouncer did a bit of a double take when he saw my birth date! He thought I looked maybe 24. Must be all that fast driving making me age slower. :biggrin:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  10. Oct 25, 2004 #9

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

11. Oct 25, 2004 #10
    Somehow watching all of those animated smileys seemed to fit the atmosphere conveyed by the Shostakovich's Ballad Suite No. 4 (http://www.af.mil/band/wind.asp). How odd.

Now for my turn to be unnecessarily extravagant:

:rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised BTW Happy Birthday Moonbear. :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised: :rofl: :surprised: :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised: :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl: :surprised :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  12. Oct 25, 2004 #11

Evo

Now the party has officially started!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Motai, maybe I can get Tsunami to drive a bit faster and we can pick you up on the way to Tom's!!!!! :tongue2:

13. Oct 25, 2004 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If Tsu drives any faster we'll be at Motai's house last week! :rofl:

14. Oct 25, 2004 #13
    Happy Birthday!!!!

15. Oct 25, 2004 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

mmmmm...dizzy....what hit me ????

16. Oct 25, 2004 #15

Evo

Probably the sonic boom from the RV breaking the sound barrier. :bugeye:

17. Oct 25, 2004 #16

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This can't be good for my nerves..now where's that flask of scotch I saw lying around ? :grumpy:

18. Oct 25, 2004 #17

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

ShortSki, who let you off Killington Chat :surprised
    Just kidding :smile: Another chat room with some serious face time going on :rofl:

[​IMG] Moonbear

Enjoy your next spin around the sun. :smile:

19. Oct 26, 2004 #18
    You are a year and A DAY older...and I didn't know because I was too busy with exams to come on PF. :cry:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOONBEAR!!!

20. Oct 26, 2004 #19

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Moonbear,

I'm so sorry to have missed your birthday (news takes a little longer to reach me here you know). I do hope you had a great one, that Tsu, Tom, Evo, Gokul and the rest of the gang didn't get you drink tooooo much scotch (anyway, you should be drinking a good New Zealand savignon blanc, not that vile spirits), but that Evo was particularly generous with the Belgian chocolates.

All the best
    Nereid

21. Oct 27, 2004 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks everyone! I had a great birthday. I went out to a fabulous restaurant. Yep, Nereid, I did have sauvignon blanc, but I don't know if it was Australian. It was tasty. And the folks I was with let the waitress know it was my birthday, so she even brought out a flourless chocolate cake topped with vanilla gelato and a candle! It was kind of strange though being at the conference because word seemed to spread quickly and everyone I ran into was wishing me a happy birthday..usually my birthdays are more low key. After dinner, which took a while because we seemed to acquire extra people off the sidewalk (we were eating outside in the gaslamp district near the convention center where pretty much EVERYONE is at the end of the day there), we then went to a bar for drinks. But, being a Monday night, even with the convention in town, it was pretty quiet, so I didn't stay out too late. I made up for it last night. My flight this morning was at 6:50, so I figured by the time I checked out the hotel, got the shuttle to the airport and got through airport security, I'd need to wake up by 3:30 AM, which didn't sound terribly likely, so I opted for trying to stay awake instead. I went to a social, then a reception that included great food (including a station for making your own sundaes...with Haagen Das ice cream!) and open bar, which lasted until 10, and then met up with some other folks and found a bar with a good band playing, and didn't head back to the hotel until around midnight. And since it was all for a conference, it was all expenses paid. The fun was only interrupted by the necessity of attending the conference during the day. But, since it was probably a half mile from one end of the convention center to the other, I was walking off all the excess food I was eating.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?