Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Birthday, Motai!

1. Sep 1, 2004 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have fun on your special day, old chap! :biggrin:
    17 now, huh? I just might have to fix you up with my cute 16-year-old sister. :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yoohoo Motai ! Happy Birthday !
  4. Sep 1, 2004 #3
    Thanks everyone, so far my birthday present so far has been in my Calculus class, (Happy Birthday! Find the slope of a tangent line at the point (4,5) for f(x)=x + x/4 using nothing but the difference quotient!) :biggrin:.

Even though I just turned seventeen I still dont have the right to vote until eighteen, but I have a feeling I wont be missing out on much (my vote would be millionth fractions of value).

Not sure what im going to do tonight in celebration.. probably just chill on the computer or watch a movie, or hang out here. I have time to do this after my daily homework because I have the advantage (?) of not having a social life (never had one to begin with, but it seems boring to me).

Math is Hard, I never knew you had a sister. Unfortunately I dont have an older brother for ya, im the only child.
  5. Sep 1, 2004 #4

Staff: Mentor

Happy Birthday Motai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a super day!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
  6. Sep 1, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wait until your favorite loses by one vote! :biggrin:

Happy Birthday Motai. Have a great year 17; you only get one.
  7. Sep 2, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

Happy Birthday motai. Remember, next year you will have to be "responsible" or some jazz like that.... but for now, live life to the max.
  8. Sep 2, 2004 #7
    Thanks jimmy p.

As for right now im trying to be responsible staying out of Hurricane Frances' way. Cant quite live life to the max when I have to pack it up to move to a relatives.. this swampy bog wont hold up under the constant turmoil.

I still cant believe that some people were standing around outside in the hurricane force winds that Charlie brought several weeks ago. Crazy! :surprised:
  9. Sep 2, 2004 #8
    Here motai. I, uh, made you a crown. "/\/\/\"

Happy B-day!!!! :smile: :rofl: :rofl:
  10. Sep 3, 2004 #9

Gold Member

Happy birthday, Motai!! Stay safe!! Did you have to evacuate during Charlie?

Ahhhh... 17. What a GREAT year! :biggrin:
  11. Sep 3, 2004 #10
    To answer your question, yes I did have to evacuate. An order was put out by the county for mandatory evacuation of mobile homes and low-lying areas. Packed up the essentials and the computer, and went to a relatives place. I might have to do a repeat with Frances, but since the computer forecasts have been all over the place (strengthening, weakening, slowing down occasionally), I cant tell how reliable the information is given the wobbling inherent in every hurricane (Charlie was a good example of it).

Stupid hurricanes :smile:.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?