HMZ0719&cc=US&lg=enCinco de Mayo Celebration - Hallmark eCards

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: It's the birthday of one of my nieces. The family is going out to Ninfa's for dinner - but I'm here without a Ninfa's nearby. :(In summary, the conversation discusses happy Cinco de Mayo celebrations, Mexican food, and birthday parties.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Happy Cinco de Mayo!1111

For all of you.

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=0696192414645M197000820Y&product_id=

Physics news on Phys.org
Didn't know about that holiday until now, but thanks anyway! Nice card. :smile:

radou said:
Didn't know about that holiday until now, but thanks anyway! Nice card. :smile:
Yeah - cute card. Clearly, you are not from Texas. :biggrin:

¿Dónde está la cerveza? :tongue2: :biggrin:

¡Tenga un buen dia! Yi-ha!

Having not read the title properly, I thought it was the anniversary of the founding of the Mayo Clinic. :biggrin:

neutrino said:
Having not read the title properly, I thought it was the anniversary of the founding of the Mayo Clinic. :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Strange, I live in New Mexico, and completely forgot about this holiday. Usually there are some pretty big events here, I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Cute card. :smile:

I'm going to celebrate CdM by watching Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather beat each other senseless. :biggrin:

Everyone is out getting drunk while all the engineering majors are stuck studying for their finals.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

My city hosts a giant party, on my way there now! wo0t!

Thanks, Evo! Happy Cinco to you, too!

A happy sink of mayonnaise to all of you as well!

What kind of animals are those? The ones that aren't cats. Are they gerbils or hamsters or something?

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Mk said:
What kind of animals are those? The ones that aren't cats. Are they gerbils or hamsters or something?
I thought they were hamsters.

I may of eaten one at the Party:eek:

hypatia said:
I may of eaten one at the Party:eek:

Then you ate a pack rat. :biggrin:

We went out for Mexican with Integral and Derivative last night and I'm still in pain.

Ivan Seeking said:
We went out for Mexican with Integral and Derivative last night and I'm still in pain.

Whad'ya have??

Shrimp with chipotle sauce, a shrimp enchilada in a heavy white sauce of some kind, r&bs, and about a basket of chips with the hottest salsa seen around here in a long time. I just couldn't stop eating! :biggrin:

I love Mexican food about as much as any... once did and could again live on nothing but tacos.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Shrimp with chipotle sauce, a shrimp enchilada in a heavy white sauce of some kind, r&bs, and about a basket of chips with the hottest salsa seen around here in a long time. I just couldn't stop eating! :biggrin:

You are making me hungry :biggrin:

dontdisturbmycircles said:
You are making me hungry :biggrin:

me, too! sounds awesome!

I prefer flautas and fajitas de carne, pollo, o puerco y con chorizo, with guacamole and washed down with Negro Modelo.

I love chorizo! There is nothing like chorizo and eggs on warmed flour tortillas dipped in a hot salsa, for breakfast.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
I love chorizo! The is nothing like chorizo and eggs on warmed flour tortillas dipped in a hot salsa, for breakfast.
:tongue2:

It's the birthday of one of my nieces. The family is going out to Ninfa's for dinner - but I'm here without a Ninfa's nearby. :frown:

1. What is the significance of Cinco de Mayo?

Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of the Mexican army's victory against the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5th, 1862. It is not to be confused with Mexico's Independence Day, which is celebrated on September 16th.

2. Why is Cinco de Mayo celebrated in the United States?

Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in the United States as a way to honor and celebrate Mexican culture and heritage. It is a popular holiday in many parts of the country, especially in areas with large Mexican-American populations.

3. How is Cinco de Mayo celebrated?

Cinco de Mayo is often celebrated with parades, festivals, and traditional Mexican music, dancing, and food. Many people also choose to wear traditional Mexican attire, such as sombreros and ponchos, to show their support and appreciation for the holiday.

4. What are some traditional foods eaten on Cinco de Mayo?

Some traditional foods eaten on Cinco de Mayo include tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and guacamole. Many people also enjoy traditional Mexican drinks like margaritas or horchata to accompany their meals.

5. Is Cinco de Mayo a national holiday in Mexico?

Cinco de Mayo is not a national holiday in Mexico, but it is still celebrated in some parts of the country, particularly in the state of Puebla where the battle took place. However, it is not as widely celebrated in Mexico as it is in the United States.