Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Easter everyone!

1. Mar 24, 2016 #1
    Happy Easter everyone! What days do you celebrate in your area? Here, public holidays are Friday, Sunday and Monday but Green Thursday is already unofficial beginning of the holidays. :)

happy-easter.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2016 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Happy Easter Sophia, we have the same hols as you.:biggrin:

4. Mar 24, 2016 #3
    Happy Easter! No idea! :biggrin:

I had completely forgotten about Easter.

5. Mar 25, 2016 #4
    Maybe you can tell us about your holidays when the time comes :-)

6. Mar 25, 2016 #5
    Mom made a cake and it had chocolate eggs, sprinkles, and it was colorful :biggrin:. Only now that you wrote this thread I realized it was for Easter :nb).

7. Mar 25, 2016 #6
    Hahaha I guess you don't have state holidays otherwise you would surely know the reason why you don't have to go to school/work :-)

8. Mar 25, 2016 #7
    There are, and way too many in my opinion. :confused: I just don't pay attention and ignore them. o0)

There were over 30 holidays, but they got reduced because there were too many days free for people and it was a hindrance. Nothing could get done properly since when you thought there would be 5 business days it was actually only 4 or 3 business days followed by another week with 4 or 3 business days. Things that would usually get done in 5-7 business days took 2 or more weeks to get done because of the holidays. It was a real hindrance and I still think that even when they have been reduced it is a hindrance.

You realize they are a hindrance when you need something from the government ASAP and they take an eternity to serve you simply because they are off in holidays.

9. Mar 26, 2016 #8
    That's really a lot.

10. Mar 26, 2016 #9
    Yes, although even when I think holidays are a hindrance it doesn't mean I act like a jerk towards those who which me a happy holiday. I just wish them back: "Right back at ya!" :smile:

11. Mar 27, 2016 #10
  12. Mar 27, 2016 #11
    Equation for an easter egg

ei35.gif

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted