Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Easter

1. Mar 22, 2008 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I give you The Peep Dioramas...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/070402/GAL-07Apr02-69859/index.html

I was so jealous. Somehow I got though elementary school without ever getting assigned a diorama project. Always wanted to make one. :cry:

Anyway, check out #24, "Soylent Green is Peeps". :biggrin:

And here's a special little treat for Danger and Artman, you peepverts....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2008 #2
    lol that was great ..Happy Easter all.

4. Mar 23, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We have a special Peep memory in my family. My daughter lost her first tooth biting into a yellow one!

Happy Easter!

5. Mar 23, 2008 #4
    Happy Easter to all, may you get lots n lots of eggs :smile:

6. Mar 23, 2008 #5
    You know, back when I was eight, a neighbor kid of the same age gave me a decorated raw egg on Easter. Neither of us knew what to do with it, so I ate the thing. I'm pretty sure I never ate another egg again until I started grad school last year. Maybe that's why I only celebrate the religious part of the holiday these days...

7. Mar 23, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Okay, those are clever and somewhat cute in a disturbing way, but it leaves one glaring question. What the hell is a 'peep'? They look like retarded Muppets.

8. Mar 23, 2008 #7
    Happy Easter. I ate too much meself, including a large piece of chocolate gateau. Totally worth it though. :smile:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. Mar 23, 2008 #8

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Marshmallow American 'food' apparently

From wiki - Peep jousting

The messy and largely self-entertaining game, "Peeps Jousting" is played with a microwave oven. One takes two Peeps, and licks the right-hand side of each until sticky. A toothpick is thereby adhered to each Peep, pointing forward like a jousting lance. The Peeps are then set in a microwave, squared off against one another, and heated up. As they expand, the toothpick lances thrust toward each opponent, and the winner is the one that does not pop and deflate (or fizzle and die). Both usually are eaten after the competition, however, regardless who the victor was, calling into question the nature of "winning" in such a circumstance.

10. Mar 23, 2008 #9
    *in awe* wow...

11. Mar 23, 2008 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I totally forgot about Peep jousting!

12. Mar 23, 2008 #11
    Happy Spring Equinox!

13. Mar 23, 2008 #12
    Are you a pagan or an atheist/agnostic Moridin? :smile: Happy first weekend following the first full moon of the vernal equinox, four day weekend! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?