The Peep Dioramas: A Treat for All Ages!

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, the Peep Dioramas are a cute and innovative way to commemorate Easter. The special treat for Danger and Artman is a fun and amusing game that can be enjoyed by all.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I give you The Peep Dioramas...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/070402/GAL-07Apr02-69859/index.html

I was so jealous. Somehow I got though elementary school without ever getting assigned a diorama project. Always wanted to make one. :cry:

Anyway, check out #24, "Soylent Green is Peeps". :biggrin:

And here's a special little treat for Danger and Artman, you peepverts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
lol that was great ..Happy Easter all.

We have a special Peep memory in my family. My daughter lost her first tooth biting into a yellow one!

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all, may you get lots n lots of eggs :smile:

arunbg said:
Happy Easter to all, may you get lots n lots of eggs :smile:

You know, back when I was eight, a neighbor kid of the same age gave me a decorated raw egg on Easter. Neither of us knew what to do with it, so I ate the thing. I'm pretty sure I never ate another egg again until I started grad school last year. Maybe that's why I only celebrate the religious part of the holiday these days...

Okay, those are clever and somewhat cute in a disturbing way, but it leaves one glaring question. What the hell is a 'peep'? They look like retarded Muppets.

Happy Easter. I ate too much meself, including a large piece of chocolate gateau. Totally worth it though. :smile:

Last edited:
Marshmallow American 'food' apparently

From wiki - Peep jousting

The messy and largely self-entertaining game, "Peeps Jousting" is played with a microwave oven. One takes two Peeps, and licks the right-hand side of each until sticky. A toothpick is thereby adhered to each Peep, pointing forward like a jousting lance. The Peeps are then set in a microwave, squared off against one another, and heated up. As they expand, the toothpick lances thrust toward each opponent, and the winner is the one that does not pop and deflate (or fizzle and die). Both usually are eaten after the competition, however, regardless who the victor was, calling into question the nature of "winning" in such a circumstance.

mgb_phys said:

The messy and largely self-entertaining game, "Peeps Jousting" is played with a microwave oven. One takes two Peeps, and licks the right-hand side of each until sticky. A toothpick is thereby adhered to each Peep, pointing forward like a jousting lance. The Peeps are then set in a microwave, squared off against one another, and heated up. As they expand, the toothpick lances thrust toward each opponent, and the winner is the one that does not pop and deflate (or fizzle and die). Both usually are eaten after the competition, however, regardless who the victor was, calling into question the nature of "winning" in such a circumstance.

*in awe* wow...

mgb_phys said:

:rofl: I totally forgot about Peep jousting!

Happy Spring Equinox!

Moridin said:
Happy Spring Equinox!

Are you a pagan or an atheist/agnostic Moridin? :smile: Happy first weekend following the first full moon of the vernal equinox, four day weekend! :biggrin:

1. What are peep dioramas?

Peep dioramas are miniature scenes that are made using marshmallow Peeps, a popular Easter candy. These scenes can be created to depict various themes and are often displayed during Easter as a fun and creative activity.

2. How are peep dioramas made?

To create a peep diorama, you will need a shoebox or any small box as the base. Then, use various materials such as construction paper, cardboard, and craft supplies to create the background and props. Finally, arrange the Peeps in the scene and secure them with toothpicks or glue.

3. What are the benefits of making peep dioramas?

Peep dioramas are a great way to express creativity and have fun. They also promote fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and imagination. Additionally, making these dioramas can be a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy together.

4. How long do peep dioramas last?

Peep dioramas can last for a long time if they are stored properly. It is recommended to keep them in a cool and dry place to prevent the Peeps from becoming stale. However, if the diorama is not intended to be kept for a long time, it can be enjoyed and then disposed of after Easter.

5. Can peep dioramas be made for other occasions besides Easter?

While peep dioramas are commonly associated with Easter, they can be made for any occasion or theme. Some people have made peep dioramas for Halloween, Christmas, and even movie or book scenes. The possibilities are endless and can be tailored to fit any occasion or interest.

Back