Why is Toby the Bunny in Danger this Easter?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary: Happy Easter everyone! In summary, Easter is a celebration of the goddess Yaster. There are no chocolate bunnies in the Easter basket, but there are mechanical pencils, highlighters, funny post-it notes, catnip mice for the cat, some notebooks, a ton of those little spa treatments (mud packs, hair conditioning packs, etc.), some lip glosses, and a pen with an actual miniature etch-a-sketch on it. The green splatter on the chocolate bunny's belly is disturbing, and the one about how easter eggs are made has scarred Matt for life.
mattmns
There needs to be a thread for this, and because all of you bums are too lazy to start one, I will! :rofl:

Happy Easter!

Here you go MB, a nice chocolate bunny.
HCE2465_mp.jpg

http://mindhook.com/zionna/easter_bunny/z_bunny_6.jpg

Ever wonder how easter eggs are made?
EasterEggs.jpg

Poor Toby
http://www.savetoby.com/i/gallery8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: :approve:

Happy Easter Matt and anyone else celebrating today!

Matt, the one about how easter eggs are made has just scarred me for life. :tongue:

Evo said:
the one about how easter eggs are made has just scarred me for life. :tongue:
Why? There are no dogs in it...

Happy Easter back at ya!

I got a great Easter basket from my mom. There were no chocolate bunnies in it, but there were mechanical pencils, highlighters, funny post-it notes, catnip mice for my cat, some notebooks, a ton of those little spa treatments (the girls know what I mean - mud packs, hair conditioning packs, etc.), some lip glosses, and oh, yeah, a pen with an actual miniature etch-a-sketch on it! :cool: :smile:

I got to go - I want to try out that etch-a-sketch pen!

Evo said:
Happy Easter Matt and anyone else celebrating today!

Matt, the one about how easter eggs are made has just scarred me for life. :tongue:

I was actually more disturbed by whatever that green splatter is on the chocolate bunny's belly! :bugeye:

And, until I realized there were still more pictures loading, I was really nervous that you followed the chocolate bunny with a baby dressed as a bunny...wasn't sure if you were suggesting both were edible. :eek:

Happy Chocolate-Rabbit and Colored-Egg Day! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
wasn't sure if you were suggesting both were edible. :eek:
You just can't get away from that whole cannibalism/necrophilia thing, can you? Have you considered counselling? :biggrin:

rofl MB. And yeah that green stuff does look funky.

not to be a party pooper, but Easter is my least favorite holiday because:
#1 no extra paid holiday time off from work
#2 all the shopping stores (except food) close
#3 i am not religious whatsoever

now as far as american holidays go, 4th of july is my most favorite because:
#1 i get a day off for it, even if the 4th falls on the weekend
#2 i don't care about shopping because i am too busy eating barbecue
#3 the holiday is something everyone can relate too here in america
#4 (the best reason of all) IT'S SUMMERTIME!

Kerrie, I think I have to agree. 4th of July is a stress-free holiday too. No formal preparations, no family obligations...your parents don't get mad if you want to spend it out boating with friends, no formal dinners that require days of preparation and dragging out all the china, you just hang around the grill, toss on some burgers and hot dogs and eat off of paper plates. You don't have to choose a special outfit, shorts and a t-shirt over a bathing suit will do.

About the only thing it's missing is chocolate. :frown: Hmm...that could be a deal breaker. :wink:

Moonbear said:
About the only thing it's missing is chocolate. :frown:
But it's made up for with explosives! :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:

Yeah the 4th of July is an awesome holiday.

I do not celebrate Easter either, but I thought I would post something here for those who do.

For me the same question stands as when I was a kid: Who the hell wants to eat hard boiled eggs? I mean seriously, what kind of stupid holiday tradition is that anyway - eggs? Talk about a let down - all of the anticipation, the long and exhausting hunt, all of that energy spent digging through the flower beds, for what, eggs? Broccoli, I could see, but eggs?

Yaster was the Anglo Saxon goddess of the east, therefore sunrise, therefore rebith, therefore Spring. Her attributes were fertility symbols; bunnies, obviouly, and EGGS!

I just had a plate of devilled eggs, they were delicious!

Ivan Seeking said:
Who the hell wants to eat hard boiled eggs?
As a strict carnivore, I just convince myself that I'm depriving some hen of motherhood... :biggrin:

selfAdjoint said:
Yaster was the Anglo Saxon goddess of the east,
You'd think that with that spelling, she'd be the goddess of yeast, and hence the patron of brewers. :uhh:

Devilled eggs on Easter? That seems a little sacrilegious, don't you think? :biggrin:

Well, yeast makes bread RISE, like the sun in the east. So maybe?

Yaster is cognate to the Roman goddes Auster, but as often in cross cultural deals, the directions got switched. Auster was the goddess of the south, not the east. This is why Austria ("East land") sounds confusingly like Australia ("Southern continent").

Ivan Seeking said:
Devilled eggs on Easter? That seems a little sacrilegious, don't you think? :biggrin:

Absolutely traditional, just as much as chocolate bunnies! Devilled means spicy in cooking, though the ones I had were only French's mustard spicy.

Really, every Easter I would to make an absolute pig of myself on my grandmothers devilled eggs. AFAIWC, there was one plate for me, and another one for everyone else. :approve:

I can't think of Easter without thinking of my days as a Catholic kid - Stations of the Cross and all of that. It always felt more like a Catholic [Christian] day, than a holiday, in our family; even more than Christmas. I think this is because Christmas is so much about gifts that the religious significance is not so pervasive as it seems. Also, Christmas conjures up notions of a cute little baby in a manger, three wise men, favorite traditional songs, gifts, Joy to the World, etc, etc, etc, whereas Easter is about death on a cross, and salvation from damnation. No matter how you slice it, for a Christian, Easter is serious business.

Last edited:
Happy Easter and i salute you all 'Urbi et Orbi'

regards
marlon, il santo padre

A Easter lesson learned today...never feed my dog hard boiled eggs..her rear end now contains a entire sulpher mine. {please pass the lysol}

Happy Easter/ Spring to all

hypatia said:
never feed my dog hard boiled eggs..her rear end now contains a entire sulpher mine.
That sounds uncomfortable. :eek:
Maybe you should try feeding her oysters and see if she starts spewing pearls... :biggrin:

hypatia said:
A Easter lesson learned today...never feed my dog hard boiled eggs..her rear end now contains a entire sulpher mine. {please pass the lysol}

Dog farts are some of the most lethal! :yuck: Have you ever noticed they also always seem to point their butt in your direction just before you hear that *pblackft*? Then they wag their tail and fan it toward you. :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
Dog farts are some of the most lethal! :yuck: Have you ever noticed they also always seem to point their butt in your direction just before you hear that *pblackft*? Then they wag their tail and fan it toward you. :grumpy:
The ex-from-hell would shoot a dirty look across the room at a perfectly innocent little creature and mutter "I hate farting cats," but I know perfectly well... :rolleyes:

hypatia said:

:rofl: that is TOO funny! hope your dog's butt doesn't suffer any damage...

hypatia said:
her rear end now contains a entire sulpher mine.
I was wondering where the Seven Dwarves found a tunnel their size...

We have a family tradition of having a picnic the Saturday before Easter Sunday. We go to a hilly area for purposes of the famous egg roll. All the kids compete to see who can make the most innovative yet efficient run (tunnels, bridges, etc. with materials naturally available) but the egg must go the entire length and without breaking. Also, there is a tradition of the famous "black" egg, which was started by one of my younger brothers who always dipped one egg in all the dyes over and over when he was a boy. And of course, we do the traditional egg hunt for the little ones.

This year went pretty well, except my great niece fell into the cactus that one of the egg paths went through (material naturally available, according to my nephew) and appropriately named the "Cacti-suicide," which won over the runner-up "Chicken Run" as this year's "egg-cellence" winner. As for the black egg, my other niece spilled all the dye before the black egg could be created. Thankfully the weather was nice...

and no one boiled anyone's bunny! (And now you know my demented ways are genetic, and why I'm still single!)

SOS2008 said:
(And now you know my demented ways are genetic, and why I'm still single!)
Single? Or secretly and repeatedly widowed, hmmm...? :uhh:

Danger said:
Single? Or secretly and repeatedly widowed, hmmm...? :uhh:
Exactly--rather than the saying "it's fun until someone puts their eye out" I have an uncle who says we aren't having fun until someone gets hurt. Once the doctor told my mother he would have to report her for abuse if another kid came into the hospital. Ah, the memories... :approve:

But who's ever going to want in-laws like this? My poor British sister-in-law...shortly after she married my brother we had a cook-out near a cliff (okay so it's a sheer drop-off into a deep gorge) on family ranch land, which can only be reached via four-wheel drive...needless to say, I thought she was going to file for divorce.

The point is, you would think at least Easter could be a "kinder, gentler" holiday for my family, but no! Reunion ideas for activities have included paint ball, and most recently a "survival experience" (my mother's suggestion). :bugeye:

Easter paintball? :rofl: Well, I guess that's one way to dye eggs!

SOS2008 said:
Exactly--rather than the saying "it's fun until someone puts their eye out" ...
... Reunion ideas for activities have included paint ball, and most recently a "survival experience" (my mother's suggestion). :bugeye:
I like it! So reminiscent of the Addams Family... :approve:

Math Is Hard said:

As long as you only use pastel color paintballs, it's keeping with the theme, right? I have to admit, it sure sounds like a more fun family gathering than sitting around some old aunt's musty old house listening to aging relatives talking about hemorrhoids, sciatica, and bunions, while comparing lists of prescriptions they are currently taking and discussing the most recent electric scooter model. :rolleyes:

Math Is Hard said:
I can see it now, trying to hide/find eggs while being shot at with paint balls...yes... You're all invited next year! :biggrin:

Okay so here's the thing...when I was in junior high I went on a survival camp out for young women--you could only have what you packed in (so no tents, etc.) and guess who helped organize and supervise this--my mother. I'm not kidding about this stuff. We use to play soccer on stilts--another reunion suggestion (since we couldn't duplicate soccer in an irrigated field with about 3-4 inches of water...with a few cow pies...).

BTW, I guess I'll have to get more creative with my avatar and signatures...(MIH, Barbie rocks) and Moonbear, though change is good, I miss the bear on the moon...(so now I'm challenged, and I don't mean in the "little yellow school bus" kind of way...). :smile: