Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Father's Day.

1. Jun 20, 2010 #1
    My daughter moved out last week. She is sharing a house with 4 other people including her boyfriend. But she's coming with us today as the family takes me out for a day at the shore. It'll be steamed lobsters for lunch followed by a promenade on the boardwalk, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and a ride on the skilift to nowhere. I hope you are having or giving a happy father's day.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2010 #2
    Happy father's day all fathers. Help yourself to a tie

So far no neck ties yet, although we were discussing that in the landmark game, with the last landmark, the origine of father's day

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=270543&page=337 [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Jun 20, 2010 #3

Gold Member

I got up at 3am to smoke a turkey for my father. He'll be happy with the cookout and a couple of cold beers. Just a quiet afternoon with my wife and my brother and his little girl.

5. Jun 20, 2010 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I miss Seaside! I have happy memories of riding the ski lift to nowhere with my dad too. For some reason, I absolutely loved that as a kid...and looking at all the flip flops on the roofs of the buildings we passed over...lol!

I hope all the dads here had a Happy Father's Day!
  6. Jun 20, 2010 #5

Gold Member

I worked today!
  7. Jun 21, 2010 #6
    Happy Father's Day to the dads here. I sent my father what I hoped was the gift of laughter, and it was a success. We both scored. :smile:
  8. Jun 21, 2010 #7
    lol @ the ties.

Happy belated Father's Day, gents!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook