Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia

• Thread starter Lacy33
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around birthday wishes for Hypatia and a discussion about Halloween traditions, including visiting Houdini's grave. Hypatia mentioned her love for Halloween decorations and shared a picture of a festive cake. She also mentioned that her husband used to attend a wand breaking ceremony on Halloween at Houdini's grave with the Society of American Magicians. Many members wished Hypatia a happy birthday and shared their own birthday traditions. The conversation ended with more birthday wishes and a Native American birthday song.
Lacy33
"Tonight I brew tomorrow I bake and then away the child I'll take.
Cause little knows the Royal Dame that ...
Rumpelstiltskin is my name!"
So Rumpelstiltskin has finished the cake and punch.
I have the presents!
Happy Birthday Contessa !1n!~ ... {being dragged out the door to see Houdini's grave with hubby}, a Halloween tradition around here.
Like NYC is not scary enuf, we half to creep around in graveyards on Halloween too?
See you when we git {gulp} back ... hep! hep!~ Ghosts don't LIKE rabbits!
APFB

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahahah, thank you so much. The only thing I have planned today is a nap. I didn't know Houdini was burried there. See? Even if your as old as dirt, you can learn something new everyday.
Not to worry about the ghost, I hear there not fond of Welsh Rabbit.

Last edited:
Ooooohhh.. spooky!

Have a Spooktacular Birthday, Hypatia!

Zz.

Happy spooky birthday hypatia!

Happy Birthday, Hypatia! And Happy Halloween as well...:biggrin:

yeah----happy, happy, happy B-day

(we could all chip in for a gift:

http://www.ilab.org/db/detail.php?booknr=336724346&source=addall [Broken]

maybe next year)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy birthday, hypatia!

Happy Birthday, Hypatia ...

F932_c.jpg

Have a wonderful day! :smile:

happy-birthday-candles-lit.jpg

If you start to feel a little crabby about getting another year older...
halloween-crab.jpg

A little boo-thday cake should cheer you up.
cake-halloween.jpg

Happy Birthday!
634px-Halloween-party.jpg

SO, what is a Halloween Birthday like (assuming you're in the US)?
People feel shortchanged when their Birthdays fall on Christmas, because they think "lose" presents. Especially as children

Moonbear said:
A little boo-thday cake should cheer you up.
cake-halloween.jpg

ooh, save me a piece with a gumdrop kitty cat on it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I bet its awesome being able to dress up on your birthday and not seem out of place.

Happy Birthday Hypatia!11111

Wow, that is a really nice cake!

Dittos on all the birthday greetings, Hypatia. Here's hoping that you take your camera to the only place that could keep Houdini in. Waiting for pictures! ...

Wow, hope we're sharing all the cake! Thanks so much for all the great wishes. And yes, a Halloween birthday has always been fun. As a kid always had a big party, then the whole group would head out for tricks or treats. I have more Halloween decorations then anyone should have.
Bon Fire starts at 8..all are welcome, all are welcome...come to the Lightttttttttt!

Happy Birthday Hypatia!
and Happy Halloween too

http://z.about.com/d/entertaining/1/7/o/3/cakepumpkin.jpg [Broken]
Wouldn't you know it!
I had this cake made special for you and the shop got the name wrong.
Oh well, nothing a fork and a sweet tooth can't handle.​

Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
Dittos on all the birthday greetings, Hypatia. Here's hoping that you take your camera to the only place that could keep Houdini in. Waiting for pictures! ...

Well... we think they have him in there now!~
For years we have been able to get in by going around though an open gate of another grave yard and get to him. But but now they not only have up a huge metal fence with barbs on it, but they have tossed a tarp over the part of the gate where you can see his grave from the sidewalk.
Since we knew where it was, we lifted the tarp and the gate was chained in such a way that we could have squeezed in, but hubby did not want to risk getting arrested.
We did take a picture through the gate of his grave which is something we have never done.
Many times in the past years hubby has gone with SAM, Society of American Magicians on the Jewish date of his passing that was Halloween the year he died and they have a wand breaking ceremony. But that day does not fall on Halloween this year. They have a key to the gate. Will ring you up if we see something in the photo.

Patty sweetie I am trying to get to you but have not been able to cause all day people have been keeping me busy.
I see how many people have responded to your birthday thread.
You are soooooo loved.
{smooch, hug hug}

Geez oh petes 3 cakes! I am so honored..and will be about 10 lbs heaver by morning!

Time to light the fire... "poof"

Happy Birthday, hypatia !!!!!!!!!!!

Candles for the cakes :biggrin:
ìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìí . . . ì . . .

Alihelisdi nihi,
Alihelisdi nihi,
Alihelisdi nihi, gvlvquodi hypatia,
Alihelisdi nihi!

I wish you ugodidi ugodidi tli igai!

Happy birthday!

galie:-liga Astro adawe'-hi ogi-nalii .

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Hypatia...
Happy Birthday to You!

Happy Birthday from one Sister to another! Have a wonderful day!

1. What is "Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia"?

"Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia" is a phrase used to celebrate the birthday of Hypatia, a renowned female mathematician, philosopher, and astronomer who was born on October 31st.

2. Why is Hypatia's birthday celebrated on Halloween?

Hypatia's birthday is celebrated on Halloween because she was born on October 31st, and Halloween is also known as All Hallows' Eve, a holiday that has been historically associated with the celebration of saints and martyrs.

3. Who was Hypatia and why is she important?

Hypatia was a Greek scholar and philosopher who lived in Alexandria, Egypt during the late 4th and early 5th century. She was one of the few female mathematicians and philosophers of her time and made significant contributions to the fields of mathematics, astronomy, and philosophy. She is also remembered for her teachings and for being a symbol of female empowerment and education.

4. How can I celebrate "Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia"?

There are many ways to celebrate "Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia", such as organizing a themed party or gathering with friends and family, reading about her life and accomplishments, or participating in events and activities that promote women in STEM fields. You can also honor her memory by learning more about her contributions and sharing her story with others.

5. Is "Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia" a widely recognized celebration?

While "Happy Halloween Birthday Hypatia" is not a nationally or globally recognized celebration, it is becoming more popular among those who are interested in promoting women in STEM and honoring the legacy of influential female figures in history. It is also a fun and unique way to celebrate Halloween and pay tribute to an incredible woman.

Back