Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: I wore my traditional witchy outfit today. The black blouse with Elvira sleeves and a black skirt. That's really cool! I love witchy clothes. :biggrin: In summary, a man was walking home late one night when he heard BUMP... and then saw a coffin coming towards him. Terrified, he ran and locked himself in the bathroom. The coffin broke down the door and came after him. He screamed and threw cough drops at it, and it stopped. He's going to dress up as Little Red Riding Hood tonight and have his male friend be the Wolf.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I was told this creepy story about... oh, 10 to 15 years ago. So I'm not claiming that this is original, or even new. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this story has been told on here already (I haven't checked). Still, if you haven't heard of it, it might be something you want to read. Just be warned that it can be quite intense...

THE COFFIN

A man was walking home alone late one night when he hears a BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

behind him.

Walking faster he looks back, and makes out the image of an upright
coffin banging its way down the middle of the street towards him ...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man begins to run towards his home, the coffin bouncing
quickly behind him ...

faster... faster...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes
in, slams and locks the door behind him. However, the coffin crashes
through his door, with the lid of the coffin clapping ...

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

clappity-BUMP...

on the heels of the terrified man.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in. His heart
is pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.
With a loud CRASH the coffin breaks down the door...

Bumping and clapping...

...towards him.

The man screams and reaches for something, anything ... but all he can
find is a box of cough drops! Desperate, he throws the cough drops at the
coffin ...

...the coffin stops!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
:rolleyes:

BLOODY FINGERS

A man was walking home late one dark and stormy night. Behind him, he hears footsteps, and a terrifying groan. Turning round, he sees a tall figure, moaning, with a pale white face, arms outstretched, and with blood dripping from his hands.

"Bloody Fingers, aarrhhhhh!"

The man turned and walked away from the wretched creature, who began to follow him.

"I am Bloody Fingers! Aarrrrhhh!"

The man increased his pace, and started to run away, terrified of what the fiend might do should he be caught.

"I am Bloody Fingers! I am coming after you! Aaaarrrghhhhh!"

Terrified, the man ran as fast as his legs could carry him, until he got home. He bolted the door behind him, ran up the stairs, turned off the lights, climbed the ladder up to the loft, closed the trap door behind him, and put the heaviest suitcase he could find on top of the trap door. He waited.

Thunk! - The door to his home had been opened.

Creak! - The stairs were being slowly, painfully climbed.

Drip...drip...drip...! - Blood was trickling onto the floor.

Thud!

The trap door was forced open, and the pale, ghostly figure reached out to the man, blood now pouring from his fiendish hands.

"I am bloody fingers! And please, do you have any Elastoplast?"

Oh no! What have I started? :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I was told this creepy story about... oh, 10 to 15 years ago.

:rofl: Booooooo!

:rofl:

Ahahahaha! Look at Moonbear's witch hat on the kitty! :biggrin:

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a Hippo Halloween!

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7661/hippohalloweenja8.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been a fan of Halloween since middle school. The Halloween lore doesn't scare me that much.

LightbulbSun said:
I haven't been a fan of Halloween since middle school. The Halloween lore doesn't scare me that much.

Go to a club on Halloween. :eek:

JasonRox said:

:rofl: I don't care about being scared, I just think it's all good fun to still get to play at a bit of make-believe as grown-ups.

JasonRox said:

Clubs are for losers.

Happy halloween all

http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/Halloween-cat-dog.jpg [Broken]

LightbulbSun said:
Clubs are for losers.
I think that was the point...SCARY people in there. :biggrin:

Andre said:
Happy halloween all

http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/Halloween-cat-dog.jpg [Broken]

Awww, that's adorable! :biggrin:

I don't really like Halloween. You go hoarse from yelling at kids to get out of your yard and then spend the entire next morning cleaning up rolls and rolls of toilet paper.

Halloween songs are okay, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ivu5fLWBpc

Let the groaning begin.

Attachments

• halloween08.jpg
    halloween08.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 374
Evo Child is dressing up as Little Red Riding Hood tonight. Her male friend is the Wolf. She took my camera, so either my camera will be lost/stolen, or there will be pictures.

Anyone else dressing up for Halloween?

Evo said:
Evo Child is dressing up as Little Red Riding Hood tonight. Her male friend is the Wolf.

That sounds appropriate. :uhh: :biggrin: :devil:

I wore my traditional witchy outfit today. The black blouse with Elvira sleeves and a black skirt. I couldn't find my witch hat today, so I actually had people ask me if I was dressed for Halloween or just dressed up. :uhh: I guess if people don't know that all black isn't my usual attire, I could be mistaken for someone who just dresses goth.

Im dressing up as Mystery from VH1's The Pick Up Artist

I'll post pics sometime this weekend.

Oh yes, everyone that dresses up should post pictures!

Evo said:
Oh yes, everyone that dresses up should post pictures!

No pictures here. If I had participated in the look-alike contest to pick on one of our assistant deans (he's the one we like), I'd have had my picture taken with that group, but my mad scientist lab coat was dirty (I wore it earlier in the week when we had high school students visiting). :biggrin:

I didn't have any classes to teach today, but I found "body parts" gummy candies and couldn't resist giving them out to my students yesterday. :biggrin:

1. What is the plot of "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan"?

The plot of "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" follows a man who is desperate to save his dying wife. He makes a deal with a witch to bring her back to life, but in exchange, he must retrieve a coffin from a haunted graveyard. However, when he opens the coffin, he realizes it contains a dangerous and powerful creature.

2. Is "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" based on a true story?

No, "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. It is a creative and imaginative tale that incorporates elements of horror and suspense.

3. Who is the intended audience for "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan"?

The intended audience for "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" is anyone who enjoys a good horror story and is interested in themes of desperation, sacrifice, and the supernatural. It may not be suitable for young children due to its spooky and possibly frightening content.

4. What inspired the creation of "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan"?

The author of "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" was inspired by classic horror tales and wanted to create a story that would keep readers on the edge of their seats. The idea of a desperate man making a deal with a witch and encountering a dangerous creature in a coffin came from the author's love of Halloween and all things spooky.

5. Are there any deeper meanings or messages in "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan"?

While "Halloween Tale: The Coffin & a Man's Desperate Plan" is primarily a horror story, it does touch on themes of sacrifice, desperation, and the consequences of making deals with dark forces. It can also be seen as a cautionary tale about the dangers of meddling with the supernatural and trying to cheat death. However, the main purpose of the story is to entertain and scare readers with its thrilling plot and spooky atmosphere.