Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary: Same here, more lows than highs. It seems. Wishing you all highs only for 2009.Happy New Year to all!
Borek
Mentor
Green haired one :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
We're still waiting for the arrival of 2009.

My family in Oz have already proceeded into the next one.

But before we proceed - let's pause and reflect upon 2008.

JibJab - 2008 Year In Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmEP93NVTaw

Uncle Jay Explains: Year-end! 12-22-08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWiXy55OHyY

Last edited:
Yay 2009 happy new year all.

I must remember to get a modern calendar mine is 2005 vintage.

I hope everyone has a very safe new years. Make every new year better then the last. Its only 1:30 pm here, time for my nap so I can stay up late.

Happy New Year everyone. I wish you all twice as much luck in the stock market this coming year.

jimmysnyder said:
Happy New Year everyone. I wish you all twice as much luck in the stock market this coming year.

You hate us all, don't you.

Instead of our 401(k) YTD returns being -33%, you want them to be -66%.

At this point, I'd prefer half as much luck.

Happy New Year everyone!

It won't be 2009 for another 4 hours here, but I want to wish you all the very best for 2009 in terms of health, fun and luck. Happy new year and may we all do lots of physics and math :)

CompuChip said:
It won't be 2009 for another 4 hours here,

I've still got nine and a half hours to go. Plus the leap second. Although that article is about the UK, I assume we're doing it on this side of the pond, too. Wouldn't do for us to be out of sync!

I wonder if they'll add the extra second to the countdown at Times Square in New York tonight?

Astronuc's links are a blast! Watch 'em if you can.

Happy New Year to all!

happy NEW YEAR to all

happy christmas dudes ( Although i am not Christian =) )

Happy New Year PFers!

Happy new year, may this one be better.

Before things get too far along here ... Happiest of New Years to all.

Surely 2009 will be better.

May its blessings find each of us.

A happy and prosperous 2009 to everyone! :smile:

Indeed, Happy New Year to all.
When I click the 'submit' button on this post, I'll have exactly 7 hours to go.

Danger said:
Indeed, Happy New Year to all.
When I click the 'submit' button on this post, I'll have exactly 7 hours to go.

I just had the dongs, happy new year and i really hope you all have a happy new year, loves you all.

Happy New Year PF friends :)

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Twenty o'Nine! Next week I'll be 44! The last year before I am completely, undeniably, unequivocally "middle aged," so this year has GOT to COUNT! Yeah! All engines Go go go! FULL TILT! Make way! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I'm tired, G'night.

Happy...*yeawn* New Yea...zzzzzzzzzzz

I'd like to wish a wonderful year to all PFers...2008 was really something, extremely high highs and extremely low lows.

Let's toast to the hope that in 2009, we can restore some balance to this wonderful world... *CLINK!*

Chi Meson said:
Next week I'll be 44! The last year before I am completely, undeniably, unequivocally "middle aged," so this year has GOT to COUNT!
What a coincidence, I'll become middle-aged this coming year too. I'm 58 now.

jimmysnyder said:
What a coincidence, I'll become middle-aged this coming year too. I'm 58 now.

49 for me! "Oh, just a baby...", as my 60+ year old friends still call me.

Just think, this'll be the last time we can refer to a year like our grandparent's could:

"back in ought-8, we had such a blizzard that, you couldn't even see the end 'o your nose, and, there was such a downturn in the economy, that we didn't know whether to call it a recession or a depression, or whether to say, OMG, we are f**ked."

Anyways... 5 more hours till New Years for me.

I'm still optimistic.

That I'll survive the night that is. :smile:

Can someone take care of my birdie?

Happy new year to everyone.

I'll be the big three oh in about four days. :-/
I haven't even started planning my mid life crisis yet.

Happy new years everyone

Happy New Year 2009 CE.

Happy New Year!

CS

Safe and Happy 2009 to all!

TheStatutoryApe said:
Happy new year to everyone.

I'll be the big three oh in about four days. :-/
I haven't even started planning my mid life crisis yet.
Ah... so like myself, you only have a handful of days to decide if you're going to start on your second year of being 29?

lisab said:
I'd like to wish a wonderful year to all PFers...2008 was really something, extremely high highs and extremely low lows.

Let's toast to the hope that in 2009, we can restore some balance to this wonderful world... *CLINK!*

Same here, more lows than highs. It seems. Wishing you all highs only for 2009.

Happy New Year to all!
Any resolutions anybody?

jtbell said:
I've still got nine and a half hours to go. Plus the leap second. Although that article is about the UK, I assume we're doing it on this side of the pond, too. Wouldn't do for us to be out of sync!

I wonder if they'll add the extra second to the countdown at Times Square in New York tonight?

lol, I suppose you're also counting the leap second over there, unless your side of the Earth hasn't slowed down its rotation while ours has :)

Wondering how that was though...
23:59:57... 23:59:58... 23:59:59... "HAPPY NEEEEEEEEE..." 23:59:60 "EEE... [wtf! too early!] ...EEEEEEW" 0:00:00 " ... YEAR!"
(I just noticed I subconsciously drew a xkcd-comic out of that in my head :smile:)

1. What is the significance of the green hair in "Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One"?

The green hair in the title is a metaphor for new beginnings and growth. It symbolizes the idea of starting fresh and embracing change in the new year.

2. Is "Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One" a scientific concept or theory?

No, it is not a scientific concept or theory. It is a creative expression of the idea of new beginnings and the celebration of a new year.

3. What inspired the title "Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One"?

The title was inspired by the phrase "new year, new me" and the image of someone with green hair, representing a bold and unique approach to starting the new year.

4. How does "Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One" relate to science?

While the title itself may not directly relate to science, the concept of new beginnings and growth can be applied to scientific research and discoveries. Scientists are constantly seeking new knowledge and pushing the boundaries of what is known, just like the idea of starting fresh in the new year.

5. What message does "Happy New Year Everyone: Green-Haired One" convey?

The message of the title is to embrace change, take risks, and approach the new year with a positive and open mindset. It encourages individuals to let go of the past and focus on growth and new opportunities.