Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy New Year

1. Dec 31, 2004 #1
    Happy New Year!!!

What is or what did anybody here do for new years? Anything special or just the normal excess drinking and singing?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2004 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

eat drink watch tv stay up till 6 am and then repeat the process for 2 weeks before winter session starts

4. Dec 31, 2004 #3

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

My New Years consists of Robitussin, Tylenol, Garden State, and the Shins.

5. Dec 31, 2004 #4
    Anybody planning on having a big partie with lots of booze plenty of women and lots of free love? I would have liked to, but i couldnt be bothered in the end.

6. Dec 31, 2004 #5
    If you had a party with lots of booze, the only free love you would get would leave you bothered in the end.

7. Dec 31, 2004 #6
    Yea spose your right, hope someone else is doin it/tryin it.

8. Dec 31, 2004 #7
    doin/ tryin what? getting bothered in the end? I'm not into that. Stay away from my end.

9. Dec 31, 2004 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Big party here, popcorn and left over cold smoked turkey. I now regret the combination. :yuck:

There's nothing worth watching on tv, they're pre-empting Iron Chef for some stupid perky bimbo that has a show showing how clever she is to get by on only $40 a day for food, geeze, that's more than what the child of Evo spends without making a conscious effort to save money.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!!! :grumpy:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  10. Dec 31, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu has to work. I thought she was off tonight. :grumpy:

We quit doing the party thing back when I still had hair on the top of my head. So, I could work, but that sounds sucky, so I guess its just me, the cats, the internet, and the TV.

Sci Fi has a 48 hour Twilight Zone marathon running; just in case I haven't seen one of them ten or twelve times. :biggrin:

11. Dec 31, 2004 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Quiet evening of contemplation.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and much success!

Wishing Peace and Goodwill for all peoples. Wishing for Peace and Goodwill to find their way to Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, and many other places.

Thinking about the horrific tragedy for the people in the countries affected by last weekend earthquake and tsunami.

Salam - Shalom - Peace - Paix - Friede - Paz - Pace - Shanti - Heiwa - Damai - Fred

12. Dec 31, 2004 #11
    I worked from about 9pm to 9am, a lovely 12 hour shift. :mad:

13. Dec 31, 2004 #12
    What a bunch of nerds!!! Doesn't anyone party anymore and get drunk and kiss strangers at midnight?
    Me neither
    Moonbear where are you?

14. Dec 31, 2004 #13
    The last time I went to Times Square it was extremely freezing, there was a lot of drunk crazy people and we couldn't even get close to the ball. Now, I'll just stay home and watch it on TV. Fun but safe

15. Dec 31, 2004 #14
    I'm doing Calculus.....pathetic I know.

16. Jan 1, 2005 #15

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Ha! That's all right. I just read two chapters of Sociobiology and earlier I was going through a Neuroscience textbook. And I'm with my girlfriend! She's painting something.

For all of you that were working, where do you work? The only time I've ever had to work during a New Year's transition was when I was a performer at Disneyland three years ago.

17. Jan 1, 2005 #16
    Happy New Year.
    I' did enough partying durring the year to last me a while. I didn't really feel like going out so I stayed in, watched a lot of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Da Ali G Show". It was an okay night I suppose.

18. Jan 1, 2005 #17
    Happy New Year everyone at PF :smile:.

19. Jan 1, 2005 #18
    $40 a day my ass. Only if you stiff every waiter in town.

Oh and happy new year.

20. Jan 1, 2005 #19
    happy new year from india :D Im on the coast in Kerala. A little scarey but gd new years party :rofl:

Have a gd one all :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2005
  21. Jan 1, 2005 #20
    So your telling me that nobody here (other than Evo) went to a big party somewhere and got really drunk? And Evo, did you get drunk? I went to a club in Southampton, had a few drinks got very bored and then went back to a mates flat to watch TV and have more drinks, very uneventful and a waste of a good evening really.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?