Happy (pre) birthday CHROOT

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary: Happy Birthday Chroot! In summary, Chroot's birthday was celebrated with a lot of drinking, brawling, and general mayhem.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:biggrin: :smile: :smile: :smile: have a nice day to come! :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Awww, thanks Monique! :smile: I almost forgot about my birthday, myself. :rofl:

- Warren

How could you! :bugeye: we'll have a drink to celebrate your birthday then :biggrin:

I'm just waiting for the party gang to come in and lively up this place :wink:

Happy Birthday Chroot!

Moonbear, call the party guys back!

Hope you'll be having a great day Warren (although that's not your first name)

Oh no, not a party.. :redface: :shy:

- Warren

Have a Wonderful Birthday Chroot!

yomamma said:
It's not quite a moonbear party but I tried

:rofl: That's great! It looks like the party crowd got pretty banged up with the full weekend of partying. :rofl: I think they just need a short nap to recharge. Good thing it's still a few hours until Chroot's actual birthday begins.

So chroot.. is it Kroot or ch-root?

Bladibla said:
So chroot.. is it Kroot or ch-root?
I think it's ch-root

Happy Birthday, Warren!

May you enjoy many more revolutions around the sun.

Now, what does one get such a unix guy?

Nice Party, yomamma

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WARREN!

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with a pre-birthday thread. I just hope no one starts a spate of Afterbirth-Day threads.

zoobyshoe said:
I just hope no one starts a spate of Afterbirth-Day threads.

:yuck: :yuck:

Hi Warren,
In the midst of the fanfare, just a simple birthday wish from me: In the coming year I wish you many fun times with your friends and family. Enjoy your birthday!
-MIH

yomamma said:
How'd you find all of those, I LOOKED EVERYWHERE! :eek:

You can borrow mine if you're in need. :smile: I stole them from Tom Mattson anyway, at least I think this crowd came from his parties. I've found a few other sites since then.

Moonbear said:
You can borrow mine if you're in need. :smile: I stole them from Tom Mattson anyway, at least I think this crowd came from his parties. I've found a few other sites since then.
Tom Mattson was the original party guy, but Moonbear, you have outdone us all. That is the party to end all parties! http://carboninside.com/praise.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Tom Mattson was the original party guy, but Moonbear, you have outdone us all. That is the party to end all parties! http://carboninside.com/praise.gif
[/URL]

Hey, I like that bowing smiley. :biggrin: :rofl: I can't take too much credit. Afterall, when they heard it was your birthday, they nearly broke down the door to get in. And with Chroot's birthday right after that, well, most of them just decided to hang around and keep going. They'll probably stay until the free beer runs out. :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHROOT!

Now if we could all figure out how to pronounce chroot... :confused:

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday, Chroot!!!!!!1111
zoobyshoe said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WARREN!

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with a pre-birthday thread. I just hope no one starts a spate of Afterbirth-Day threads.
What about Unbirthday threads? Aaaa... very merry unbirthday to... (you know you want to sing along)

Happy Birthday, chroot!

When do we get to give you your birthday spankings? :)

Zz.

happy birthday Warren, mr change root

regards
marlon

Happy birthday, chroot!

Have a great day Chroot. In fact, go wild, have two!

Happy B'day Chroot!

Happy Birthday Richard Fine-man!

Happy Birthday Chroot !111

Ever consider switching to Chmod ?

I hope your birthday is a wonderful day for you. Happy Birthday! :biggrin:

omg :rofl:

Gokul43201 said:
Ever consider switching to Chmod ?
*gasp* NEVER.

And don't you even -mention- chown. :devil:

- Warren

oh I'm soooo late! I suck... Happy Birthday Warren! i know you probably enjoyed yourself! i love you buddy! many more birthdays to ya!

inha said:
I haven't really ever communicated with you but because of this https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=74145 I'm definately joining the congratulator group. Even though I think I may be late.

:rofl: Given the thread title, I wonder how many people were tempted to give the same reply? :biggrin: :rofl:

Hey, I do my best. :biggrin: Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. So far, it feels decidedly weird to be 26.

- Warren

1. What is a CHROOT?

A CHROOT is an operation that changes the apparent root directory for the current running process and its children. This allows the process to see a different file system hierarchy than the actual one on the underlying operating system. This is commonly used for creating isolated environments for running applications or for system recovery purposes.

2. Why is a CHROOT used for a "Happy (pre) birthday"?

A CHROOT can be used for a "Happy (pre) birthday" by creating a virtual environment where the birthday celebration can take place. This can include customized decorations, music, and activities that are specific to the birthday person's interests. It can also be used to keep the celebration a surprise by hiding it from the rest of the system.

3. How is a CHROOT set up for a "Happy (pre) birthday"?

To set up a CHROOT for a "Happy (pre) birthday", you will need to create a new directory within the existing file system and copy or mount the necessary files and directories into it. This can include the operating system files, applications, and any additional files or decorations for the celebration. Once the CHROOT is set up, you can enter it and run the celebration activities as if it were the actual root directory.

4. Can a CHROOT be used for other celebrations?

Yes, a CHROOT can be used for other celebrations such as holidays, anniversaries, or special events. It can also be used for testing and development purposes, as well as for creating isolated environments for security or system maintenance.

5. Are there any risks or limitations to using a CHROOT for a celebration?

While CHROOT can provide a fun and isolated environment for a celebration, there are some risks and limitations to consider. If not set up properly, it can cause issues with the underlying operating system and may require technical knowledge to troubleshoot. Additionally, the CHROOT may not be able to access certain system resources, so it may not be suitable for all types of celebrations. It is important to carefully plan and test the CHROOT before using it for a celebration.