Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Happy Thanksgiving, PFers!

1. Nov 22, 2012 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Happy Thanksgiving!

I suppose PF is one of these places where this approach to Thankgiving will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2012 #2
    http://blogyourwine.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/How-to-Cook-a-Turkey.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Nov 22, 2012 #3
    Happy holidays all. (Ha Ha, just a shot in my little private war against Thanksgiving).

5. Nov 22, 2012 #4

Astronuc

Happy Thanksgiving, to all.

May the day be pleasant, joyful and peaceful.

I'm enjoying the morning reading the literature on the theoretical and experimental work concerning phonon and ambipolar contributions to the thermal conductivity of a particular polycrystalline ceramic over the range of temperature range of 300 to 3120 K. :smile:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  6. Nov 22, 2012 #5
    Happy thanksgiving and have a terrific turkey or a good goose or a pleasant pheasant, but please not a chicken, that doesn't alliterate.

7. Nov 22, 2012 #6
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

8. Nov 22, 2012 #7

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Just in case my pop up timer malfunctions, does anyone know if turkey jerky is any good?

http://www.toilette-humor.com/thanksgiving_cartoons/images/thanksgiving_pop_up.jpg [Broken]​

Or should I ask this in the food thread?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  9. Nov 22, 2012 #8

turbo

Gold Member

We have a chicken for today's meal. A turkey (even a small one) is overkill for just 2 people. I'd be eating turkey for a couple of weeks.

Edit: Chicken and giblets are ready to go into the oven as soon as it hits the pre-heat target.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  10. Nov 22, 2012 #9
    Happy Thanksgiving.

11. Nov 22, 2012 #10

Evo

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'm smoking my turkey this year!

12. Nov 22, 2012 #11
  13. Nov 22, 2012 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Tday everyone! They're all having oysters! Yuck!!! That is an insult to our national heritage. So in order to maintain tradition, I'm going to BBQ a steak just like the Pilgrims did.

14. Nov 22, 2012 #13

drizzle

Gold Member

I'm sad that I couldn't go to this kind family who invited me to their house for Thanksgiving today, hope they enjoy it.

Happy thanksgiving to all, and I wish you enjoy the grace of being healthy and together with your family. :smile:

15. Nov 22, 2012 #14

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

After relaying our "Lesbian Tree climbing Goats" story at work yesterday, the conversation turned to "How does one properly smoke a Turkey"?, which of course resulted in the comment:

"You just need some really big rolling papers dude!"

Argh........

:rolleyes:

16. Nov 22, 2012 #15

jim mcnamara

MY brother in law is grilling a turkey. Blackened and bloody turkey jerky sounds okay -
    after two glasses of pinot noir...

17. Nov 22, 2012 #16

Evo

This is my first attempt at smoking a turkey, I hope i don't end up with turkey jerky. I'm sure there is some special trick to the wonderfully moist, smoked to the bone turkey from the big companies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook