HAPPY VALETINES DAY to all of the PF Ladies

• Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
In summary, Evo wishes all of the ladies at PF a happy Valentine's Day. He has given them nature's gift of love, sensual sweetness, taste, and intrinsic value. He has reminded the men at PF that they don't have to wait for Valentine's Day to do special things for their women, and that everyday is a special day. Finally, he has given each of the PF Sistas a bottle of Dom Perignon.
Evo said:
I got nothing for Valentine's Day. :cry:
whaaa?? not even a little surprise in your shoes from Foofer? We all have different ways of expressing devotion, y'know.

Here - I am sending you some dark chocolate truffles because they are good for you. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
whaaa?? not even a little surprise in your shoes from Foofer? We all have different ways of expressing devotion, y'know.
No, even Foofer let me down. :frown:

Here - I am sending you some dark chocolate truffles
Thanks MIH <sniff> I can always count on you. :smile:

Evo said:
I got nothing for Valentine's Day. :cry:

I can out do that!

I have never had a Valentine's girl, never gave any Valentine's gifts to anyone, and nor got any Valentine's gifts ever! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And to makes things even worse, this post was my first and obvious pathetic attempt at vicariously fullfilling that need in my life, which now looks like a total failure like everything else I have ever attempted! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I give up, why even try? :frown:

Moonbear said:
Are you saying normal women are all odd? :grumpy:

Actually i didn't think of that,but now that u mentioned it,well,YES... :tongue: :devil: "Odd" as in "weird",right...? :cool:

Daniel.

Evo said:
No, even Foofer let me down. :frown:

Foofer?

Its ok, I'm all alone on V-day too. Personally i hate this 'holiday'. I am patently anti-V-day.

you guys, polyb is sooooo hot right now.

its definitely the flamingos.

Because it's cute and I'm such an astro nerd I can't help but share an excerpt my bf jokingly put into my Valentine today. Figure a few of you will enjoy it...
To my astronomical beauty:
Your eyes shimmer like charged particles in the upper atmosphere.
You are more attractive than the center of the galaxy.
On a logarithmic scale, you are a ten...

Andromeda321 said:
Because it's cute and I'm such an astro nerd I can't help but share an excerpt my bf jokingly put into my Valentine today. Figure a few of you will enjoy it...

Does that mean that u compared him to a BLACK HOLE...? :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.Kerr or Reissner-Nordstrom??

Andromeda, that is so sweet! Is your boyfriend also an astro "nut", or does that mean he's actually listening to you to have a clue what to write?

Andromeda321 said:

so you're more attractive than a black hole, this is a good thing :rofl:

I like that last part, clever.

Moonbear said:
Ooh, yellow is a good color choice! Bright and sweet. I almost never think of yellow when I think of roses, but you're right, that would be nicer than red (mostly because it does require some thought).
Red stands for love, yellow stands for friendship. I wouldn't want to get yellow roses, also because they would clash with the interior :yuck: I like my roses :redface:

I thought pink was for friendship? Hope I didn't screw that up...

Anyway, I have to share my Valentine's Day (Saturday night).

-Spent all day cleaning my apartment.
-Made her dinner.
-A dozen pink (??) roses.
-Candles.
-White merlot.
-Chocolate covered cherries.
-Watched "Casablanca" on the couch (am I really that sappy?)
-After the movie we, uh... nevermind...

One of my better planned and executed dates.

you did well with pink :wink:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11761.asp
Pink roses stand for elegance, gracefulness, refinement, gentility, style and poetic romance but are combined with fun and lightheartedness. It is the rose of sweet thoughts and thank you. Pink roses also signify gratitude, sympathy and appreciation. Dark pink stands for thank you, appreciation and gratitude. Light pink roses convey admiration, sympathy, gentleness, grace, gladness, joy, friendship and sweetness. The combination of red roses and pink roses stands for strong romance and passion.

russ_watters said:

-Made her dinner.
-Candles.
-White merlot.

:biggrin: Wow Russ, way to go! Very happy for you. I do hope though that she is a liberal and has ways to "break" you :devil: ...wait a minute, you have been slightly more amenable lately, could that be the effect of a mellow heart? :tongue2:

Monique said:
you did well with pink :wink:
Pink roses stand for elegance, gracefulness, refinement, gentility, style and poetic romance but are combined with fun and lightheartedness. It is the rose of sweet thoughts and thank you. Pink roses also signify gratitude, sympathy and appreciation. Dark pink stands for thank you, appreciation and gratitude. Light pink roses convey admiration, sympathy, gentleness, grace, gladness, joy, friendship and sweetness. The combination of red roses and pink roses stands for strong romance and passion.
Jeez, could that be any more complicated? :bugeye: I don't know what's tougher: being female or having to figure them out.
Polly said:
I do hope though that she is a liberal and has ways to "break" you ...wait a minute, you have been slightly more amenable lately, could that be the effect of a mellow heart?
Uh, she's fairly middle-of-the-road, but she did vote for Kerry. We haven't talked much politics though, and she seems like a reasonable person, so I don't think there'll be a problem. I can always make myself seem more moderate, if necessary, by talking about my boss - he's to the right of Rush Limbaugh (seriously) and sometimes referrs to FDR as "the antichrist."

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Uh, she's fairly middle-of-the-road, but she did vote for Kerry. We haven't talked much politics though, and she seems like a reasonable person, so I don't think there'll be a problem. I can always make myself seem more moderate, if necessary, by talking about my boss - he's to the right of Rush Limbaugh (seriously) and sometimes referrs to FDR as "the antichrist."

Yeah, you will be alright :wink: .

Thanks to all for the Valentines! I SHOULD be able to gain a few pounds with all that chocolate... :biggrin:

I'm off to Hawaii for vacation with my sister (to see my nephew who's stationed at Pearl Harbor) tomorrow. See you when (IF? :biggrin:) I get back! Maybe I'll post a picture or two. :wink:

russ_watters said:

-Made her dinner.
-Candles.
-White merlot.

Very nice and romantic! You don't happen to have a single brother or twin who likes to do all that except maybe to skip Casablanca, do you? :biggrin:

Sorry I'm late. HAPPY VAL Y'ALL !111

Back