1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hard Drive problems?

1. Dec 31, 2003 #1
    Ok heres the deal:

I recieved a p4 3.0 gig, 1 gig corsair ram, a new mobo, and a new power supply. I took my video card out of my old comp, along with my cd-drive and harddrive. I plugged everything in correctly, but, once my computer boots from the harddrive, a black screen comes up, then a few seconds later, a blue error screen flashes for a split second, then the computer restarts. I personally think that it is too much new hardware to use the same harddrive, without reformating it.

If anyone knows why this is happening, or if I indeed do need to reformat before i can use the harddrive, please let me know. Thanks :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

You don't have to reformat your hard drive, but you do need to reinstall windows. Whenever I reinstall an OS, I always format, but that is up to you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?