Help Needed: Solving Math Competition Tasks

• Thread starter klawesyn28
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Competition
In summary, participating in math competitions can improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and understanding of mathematical concepts. To improve performance, regular practice, reviewing fundamental concepts, and familiarizing with the format and types of questions is important. Common strategies for solving math competition tasks include breaking down problems, using logical reasoning, and utilizing different techniques. Effective time management during a competition involves careful reading of instructions, prioritizing questions, and allocating time for each. Resources such as practice tests, study guides, and online forums are available to help with preparation for math competitions.
klawesyn28
I don't know how to solve this task:

Participants of math competition are solving six tasks. For each task
you can get one of marks - 6,5, 3 or 0 .
It transpired that for each pair of participants we can indicate two
tasks , that in each of them participant A got different mark from
participant B.
Delimit the highest number of participants for which this situation is
possible.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: List all the possibilities. But I don't think that is effective...

Last edited:
I think that the answer is 4^5 but i don't know how to prove it.

1. What is the purpose of participating in math competitions?

Participating in math competitions can help develop critical thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities, and foster a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts.

2. How can I improve my performance in math competitions?

To improve your performance in math competitions, it is important to practice regularly, review fundamental concepts, and familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions commonly asked in competitions.

3. What are some common strategies for solving math competition tasks?

Some common strategies for solving math competition tasks include breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts, using logical reasoning, and utilizing different techniques such as algebra, geometry, and number theory.

4. How can I manage my time effectively during a math competition?

To manage your time effectively during a math competition, it is important to read and understand the instructions carefully, prioritize which questions to tackle first, and allocate a specific amount of time for each question.

5. Are there any resources available to help with preparing for math competitions?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with preparing for math competitions, including practice tests, study guides, and online forums where you can connect with other competitors and receive tips and advice.