Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hardest and Easiest

1. Jan 14, 2004 #1
    Generally speaking, what type of Engineering class is most difficult to get into during University?

What kind of Engineering class is easiest?

I'm talking about prior-graduate school. I heard that hardest EE, but my thought would be Nuclear?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2004 #2
    In India it is Electronics And easiest is probably Textile Engineering or Production

4. Jan 15, 2004 #3

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Depends on what kind of hard you mean too. I've been told by folks who've been there that chemical engineering is the worst slog, but it also brings greater rewards (either financial or exciting work) than some other disciplines.

5. Jan 15, 2004 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

EE, Aero, and Nuclear are probably pretty close, but it depends on the specifics. This is of course why I went from aero to mechanical...

6. Jan 15, 2004 #5
    I'm assuming electronics engineer equals electrical right? And they do computers too?

Hard as in getting into. As in which one requires the highest GPA, SAT scores and lowest acceptence rates on average.

7. Feb 4, 2004 #6
    what does a mechanical engineer do? am going into engeineering next year at mcmaster university in ontraio canada...and am not sure wut type of engineering to take???anyone got any suggestions on how exciting each one is and which one is not that hard but not that easy

8. Feb 4, 2004 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Quite simply, a mechanical engineer designs, builds, tests, supports, or sells anything mechanical. Pretty broad.

One good way to see the variety of jobs available for certain fields is do a search on Monster.com for it.
    Electronics engineer and electrical engineer are not necessarily the same thing. You may want to read the description of each.

As far as what is hardest to get into, very few colleges require you to declare a major until you're a sophomore - so thats not really an issue.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?