Hardware or Software problem?

• Thread starter t-money
  • Start date
I have a custom tower with DVD,CD-rom and even floppy disk which I plan on replacing. It has a AMD athlon processor, and I never used this computer online. Recently a friend of mine hooked it up online (long story) without updating for viruses etc. Now the windows startup wont boot. And I have tried wiping but cant seem to get it started. Are there some programs that I can buy online or is this just a hardware problem?

Borek

Mentor
It can be everything.

Or anything. What's it say when it won't boot?

rhody

Gold Member
I have a custom tower with DVD,CD-rom and even floppy disk which I plan on replacing. It has a AMD athlon processor, and I never used this computer online. Recently a friend of mine hooked it up online (long story) without updating for viruses etc. Now the windows startup wont boot. And I have tried wiping but cant seem to get it started. Are there some programs that I can buy online or is this just a hardware problem?
t-money,

Funny you mention it, another member is having similar problems, see advice in https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=382493", my post #14, this may be of some help.

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses