Does Harry Potter Die in Last Book? - Radcliffe Suspects Finale

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: It's possible that Harry will be one of them.I guess it's not the sort of thing you can really predict without further information. Just a gut instinct.It's possible that Harry will be one of them.I think that would be the most fitting end for the series. It would be an incredibly powerful and emotional ending if Harry sacrifices himself to defeat Voldemort and save the wizarding world. But at the same time, I can't help but hope that he will survive and live a happy life after all he has gone through.As for Snape, I think he will play a big role in the final book. He has always been a mysterious and complex character and I believe there is more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does Harry Potter
die in last book?

Radcliffe suspects young wizard
falls to Voldemort in finale

Updated: 11:21 a.m. PT June 3, 2004
LONDON - Harry Potter may never grow up. Daniel Radcliffe, who stars as the daring schoolboy wizard, said Friday that Harry may die in the last book of J.K. Rowling’s magical series. [continued]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5085039/

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, that would just be WRONG.

A fitting end, always didn't like wizardry.

That article is 2 years old!

Um, erh, . . . Updated: 11:21 a.m. PT June 3, 2004 :rolleyes:

Got anything more up to date?

Whoops. It is a current story running on CNN.

LONDON, June 26, 2006

AP) Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive, either.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/26/entertainment/main1753616.shtml

Rowling is the richest woman in Britain — wealthier than even Queen Elizabeth II — with a fortune estimated by Forbes magazine last year at more than $1 billion.
Not bad for a fiction writer - children's fiction at that. Did better than most physicists and engineers. :rolleyes:

She has also probably motivated more children and adults to read than has anyone in history.

Astronuc said:
Did better than most physicists and engineers...
...combined!

People die. Fictional people should face that risk, it the stories are to be grasped by readers.

Despite everything, I'd never ever ever ever forgive the author if Harry dies, he must survive, and make friends with lord voldemort and like Eve said, anything else would just be wrong.

Thank god.

She can't make Harry Potter die...not unless there's a sequel where some magic brings him back to life. It would certainly be an unexpected ending, but she'd also be locking herself out from ever writing another book in the series again.

I expect some authors think that's a good thing. (About their own creations, I mean)

Moonbear said:
She can't make Harry Potter die...not unless there's a sequel where some magic brings him back to life. It would certainly be an unexpected ending, but she'd also be locking herself out from ever writing another book in the series again.
Obviously he'd be brought back to life, but that has been done TOO MANY TIMES. Let him defeat evil and retire, if she's run out of ideas. Don't kill him. :grumpy:

what the HELL does daniel radcliffe know about it?...absoutely nothing, sheeesh

They can't kill him! That would be horrible, but at the very least if it does happen he needs to defeat Voldemort before he dies haha. Does anyone know when the next book is supposed to come out?

Harry Potter Dies!

Is there a new film coming out, perchance?

Or a new book?

Or a new vibrating quidditch rod?

:tongue: :wink: :biggrin:

Ron Weasley dies, though. Along with Neville Longbottom.

Neville gets jiggy with Proffessor McGonnagal...

...or so I hear.

Bloke in the pub told me :tongue:

Neville is a GERONTOPHILE?
:yuck:
It is probably his grandma's fault.

BWAhahahaha, maybe Harry will just get some... problems. And at the end he will be like Stephen Hawking, in a flying magical wheelchair:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
^ weird sense of humour you've got there.

:mad:

Hmmm, yea, that was kinda black. I'll censor it.

Perhaps JK can modify that story to read "all of the people involved in the merchandising of Harry Potter will die." That would work for me.

I think the Harry Potter stories have been slowly becoming less children's stories for quite a while now.

As Potter and his chums age, the stories become for that age group. Since they are now like 17 - 18, the stories are of the "young adult" type, i.e. dark, noir, violent. I believe Rowling's son, for whom she started the stories, is now 20 or 30, so it wouldn't be inappropriate for the last book to be completely adult in theme and development.

If you consider the ending of the somewhat comparable "His Dark Materials" series, that was utterly sad for the heroine and hero you had been following. They didn't die, but what happened was heartbreaking for them. At the very end they stepped up and toughed it out, but just the same...

scorpa said:
They can't kill him! That would be horrible, but at the very least if it does happen he needs to defeat Voldemort before he dies haha. Does anyone know when the next book is supposed to come out?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone broke into J.K. Rowlings house and took micro prints of the manuscript to see if Harry Potter really dies. The only fictional character that I would care about if he dies is the Master Chief from Halo.

selfAdjoint said:
As Potter and his chums age, the stories become for that age group. Since they are now like 17 - 18, the stories are of the "young adult" type, i.e. dark, noir, violent. I believe Rowling's son, for whom she started the stories, is now 20 or 30, so it wouldn't be inappropriate for the last book to be completely adult in theme and development.
Maybe Harry will be cloned. :biggrin:

I will personally burn all of the Haryy Potter books I have in my possession if that ever happened (@thread starter).

No one kills off the main character. However it would be a perfect end if someone else dies but Harry.

They have already killed of Dubledore so anything must top that.

As a side note, I found this website:

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...eisnotdead.com/+dumbledore&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Google cache. Interesting reading. I think that he is dead though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mattara said:
They have already killed of Dumbledore so anything must top that.
And Sirius Black.

And what will happen to Snape?

Vengeance, probably. I get the feeling that at the end of the book all the wizarding world will unite against Voldemort, will take heavy casualties, and kill him.

Nah, i don't think that is typical for JKR books. Everything so far has been man against man. Why would there be a difference now?

U suggest a big melee at the end (maybe with some muggles)? :-)

<h2>1. What happens to Harry Potter in the last book?</h2><p>In the last book, Harry Potter does not die, but he does come close to death several times. He ultimately defeats Voldemort and survives.</p><h2>2. Is there a chance that Harry Potter dies in the last book?</h2><p>While there is always a chance that a character could die in a book, the author, J.K. Rowling, has stated that she never intended for Harry Potter to die in the last book.</p><h2>3. Do any major characters die in the last book?</h2><p>Yes, there are several major characters who die in the last book, including Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, and Nymphadora Tonks.</p><h2>4. Does Daniel Radcliffe (the actor who portrays Harry Potter) suspect that Harry dies in the last book?</h2><p>No, Daniel Radcliffe has never expressed any suspicion that Harry dies in the last book. In fact, he has stated multiple times that he is happy with the way the series ends.</p><h2>5. Are there any alternate endings where Harry Potter dies in the last book?</h2><p>No, there are no alternate endings where Harry Potter dies in the last book. J.K. Rowling has stated that she never considered killing off Harry Potter as an ending for the series.</p>

1. What happens to Harry Potter in the last book?

In the last book, Harry Potter does not die, but he does come close to death several times. He ultimately defeats Voldemort and survives.

2. Is there a chance that Harry Potter dies in the last book?

While there is always a chance that a character could die in a book, the author, J.K. Rowling, has stated that she never intended for Harry Potter to die in the last book.

3. Do any major characters die in the last book?

Yes, there are several major characters who die in the last book, including Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, and Nymphadora Tonks.

4. Does Daniel Radcliffe (the actor who portrays Harry Potter) suspect that Harry dies in the last book?

No, Daniel Radcliffe has never expressed any suspicion that Harry dies in the last book. In fact, he has stated multiple times that he is happy with the way the series ends.

5. Are there any alternate endings where Harry Potter dies in the last book?

No, there are no alternate endings where Harry Potter dies in the last book. J.K. Rowling has stated that she never considered killing off Harry Potter as an ending for the series.