Does Harry Potter Die in Last Book? - Radcliffe Suspects Finale

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: It's possible that Harry will be one of them.I guess it's not the sort of thing you can really predict without further information. Just a gut instinct.It's possible that Harry will be one of them.I think that would be the most fitting end for the series. It would be an incredibly powerful and emotional ending if Harry sacrifices himself to defeat Voldemort and save the wizarding world. But at the same time, I can't help but hope that he will survive and live a happy life after all he has gone through.As for Snape, I think he will play a big role in the final book. He has always been a mysterious and complex character and I believe there is more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps
Moonbear said:
She can't make Harry Potter die...not unless there's a sequel where some magic brings him back to life. It would certainly be an unexpected ending, but she'd also be locking herself out from ever writing another book in the series again.

Or maybe Harry messed up his "protective" spells one night and because of it even if he dies she can go on writing more books.

edit: that reminds me... I still haven't read the 6th book. I need to get on that.

Physics news on Phys.org
rocketboy said:
Or maybe Harry messed up his "protective" spells one night and because of it even if he dies she can go on writing more books.

edit: that reminds me... I still haven't read the 6th book. I need to get on that.
No need to.
Snape kills Dumbledore, and horcruxes are nasty.:smile:

You spoiler !

I would be perfectly content if Harry Potter died. That sort of ending has a grim majesty about it.

I love the series, and I don't want to see her sell out or cave to the pressure of fair weather fans. Joanne, please go right ahead and kill off whoever and whatever you want to, you have my full support. :biggrin:

If she dares to kill off Dobby or Winky, I'll strangle her myself.
(She can do whatever she like with Kreacher).

And we also need to know the reason why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much?

hellraiser said:
And we also need to know the reason why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much?
They were lovers. :smile:

Dombli was far too Gandhi-like. Not practical, when you fight evil demonic wizards...

arildno said:
If she dares to kill off Dobby or Winky, I'll strangle her myself.
(She can do whatever she like with Kreacher).
Dobby and Winky? Ugh, I'd be glad to see them go. I know, I'll incur the wrath of Hermione for dissing the house elves. :rolleyes:

SizarieldoR said:
BWAhahahaha, maybe Harry will just get some... problems. And at the end he will be like Stephen Hawking, in a flying magical wheelchair:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lmao weird that the only stuff i think is funny is low-brow offensive stuff like that. too much www.maledicta.org (intl journal of verbal aggression) i guess

i think it's a great idea to have harry potter lose to voldemort. even though it would be sad to have the hero/protagonist lose, unlike star wars, lotr & other bigtime series it's at least original.

Last edited:
Prediction:

Both Voldermort and Snape will die. Harry will probably live.

Spoilers/reasoningSnape is a very ambiguous character. However...

Voldermort can't be killed without inside help, or a deus-ex-machina. The logical person to provide this help is Snape. Snape needs to gain you-know-who's confidence before he can effectively backstab him. Dumbledorf knew this all along, and was willing to sacrifice himself to put Snape in the proper position, in the belief (possibly only the hope) that Snape will do the right thing.

I don't know what the determining factor in Snape's motivation is going to be, but the suggestion I've heard that I like best is that he will have loved Harry's mother, though he probably hated Harry's father and dislikes Harry because Harry reminds Snape of Harry's father.

pervect said:
Prediction:

Both Voldermort and Snape will die. Harry will probably live.

Spoilers/reasoning

Snape is a very ambiguous character. However...

Voldermort can't be killed without inside help, or a deus-ex-machina. The logical person to provide this help is Snape. Snape needs to gain you-know-who's confidence before he can effectively backstab him. Dumbledorf knew this all along, and was willing to sacrifice himself to put Snape in the proper position, in the belief (possibly only the hope) that Snape will do the right thing.

I don't know what the determining factor in Snape's motivation is going to be, but the suggestion I've heard that I like best is that he will have loved Harry's mother, though he probably hated Harry's father and dislikes Harry because Harry reminds Snape of Harry's father.

This sounds really plausible to me and it goes with something else I think. Snape has been set up as a minor wizard, but the indications from his notebook is that he's secretly a major power. A stealth weapon in Voldemort's inner circle! But of course Harry has to be intimately involved. A set-up, Harry in V's power, Snape backstabs, sounds like the strategy that will go down.

Dumbledore will definitely come back to life again.

JKR is rewriting Star Wars/Lord of the Rings, set in a boarding school for posh kids.

J77 said:
JKR is rewriting Star Wars/Lord of the Rings, set in a boarding school for posh kids.
There are certainly a lot of parallels between LOTR and Harry Potter series.

fourier jr said:
i think it's a great idea to have harry potter lose to voldemort. even though it would be sad to have the hero/protagonist lose, unlike star wars, lotr & other bigtime series it's at least original.

Yea, and then the Muggle world will have to use nuclear weapons against him:cool:

SizarieldoR said:
Yea, and then the Muggle world will have to use nuclear weapons against him:cool:

lol, how funny would it be if Voldemort got shot by accident in the muggle world and died?

I hope He dies a long painfull death. Maybe tortured by the teletubbies who poke at him with red-hot pointy things and dance and sing, while being forced to watch non stop repeats of Harry Potter and other nasty things...

3trQN said:
. . . Maybe tortured by the teletubbies who poke at him with red-hot pointy things and dance and sing, while being forced to watch non stop repeats of Harry Potter and other nasty things...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or watch non-stop episodes of the Wiggles and Teletubbies.

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: