Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hartle Problems & Solutions

1. Jan 3, 2015 #1

PeroK

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've started learning GR from Hartle's "Gravity: An Introduction ...". It's all going well, but I feel I could benefit from solutions to some of the key problems. I assume Hartle hasn't published a companion solution guide.

A few options show up on line. One by Jorge Ramos, for example.

Any advice?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2015 #2

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Why not post your attempted solutions here or elsewhere and ask for verification or help if you get stuck? The only available official solutions manual is exclusive to professors and TAs of the associated GR course and I've found from personal experience that unofficial solutions manuals can often be blatantly wrong, make subtle computational mistakes, or miss subtle conceptual points.

4. Jan 3, 2015 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Besides, as per the official PF policy, we don't encourage any access to solutions manuals, unless you're a teacher of GR, in which case you should address yourself directly to the publisher *of course, if the author of the textbook already published the solutions of his proposed problems*, not here.

5. Jan 3, 2015 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

What WbN and dextercioby said.
    You can find help with individual problems here in our homework forums, but we won't encourage your search for a solutions manual.

This thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook