Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Harvest time!

1. Sep 26, 2005 #1
    God I love gardening.

For dinner tonight, we're having stuffed peppers. They are home grown organic bell peppers, and will be stuffed with a mix of yummies primarily home-milled home-grown corn bread (polenta.) The stuffing will also have home grown garlic and onions and herbs.

We'll also have pumpkin soup with home grown orgainc squash, pumpkins, carrots, onions, herbs.

Whatever protein we have (chicken stock in the soup, for example) comes from the store.... but that's a minor fraction of the dishes.

I don't know how we'll round out the meal....

We have pumpkin pie for dessert.

I don't know if men and women are "wired" differently, as Gabrielle asked (though I expect they are), but am I ever psyched about all the goodies coming in from the garden this time of year. I'll be in the kitchen today.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh, I haven't had stuffed peppers in a long time. Maybe I should make some soon. Yummy! Thanks for making me realize I'm hungry!

I'm definitely going to miss having a yard for gardening next summer (I'm already eyeing up the fall bulbs...the ones for spring flowers...longingly, wishing I had a place to plant them). I think I'll order some paperwhites to force indoors this winter.
  4. Sep 26, 2005 #3
    im hungry now im proably having gourmet kraft dinner
  5. Sep 26, 2005 #4
    I've been cutting herbs to dry, and pulling long term storage carrots, onions and tunips. I wished I had saved some potatos, but they were just too yummy when they were "new".
    Both sweet and dill pickles are canned{thank you sister} and about 14 quarts of berries are frozen.
    My pumpkins failed this year,and green beans didn't do to well either. Just way to hot, and too many mean bugs.
  6. Sep 26, 2005 #5
    Oh! I forgot, we're having home grown/vine ripened watermelon on the side.

Hypatia! Cheers! I can send you rhubarb to go with your frozen berries, if you're planning to make pies. Yum.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?