Has anyone ever been stalked by a bully?

• Thread starter I<3KateWinslet
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of bullying and how to overcome it. The conversation mentions that bullies try to find ways to hurt someone they hate and may even write false police reports. It also highlights the importance of keeping a record of bullying incidents and seeking help from trusted individuals. The conversation also mentions that sometimes the victim may contribute to attracting bullies, and suggests changing behaviors to avoid being targeted. The conversation concludes by mentioning that bullying can happen in both school and work settings, and that there is a hierarchy of bullying where victims may also become bullies to others.
I<3KateWinslet
By a bully- A person who wants to hurt someone then tries to figure out ways to cause problems for whoever it is that they hate, and then the harasser / bully writes false police reports?

How did you overcome the problem ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I kicked his *** eventually and he left me alone. It was back in school, he didn't know me so he thought I'd be easy prey. I didn't react to his bullying in the beginning so he thought I was scared, then he tried to provoke me somewhere out of sight... and he got a broken nose.

Bullies like to take the path of least resistance. If you make it really hard for them when they mess with you, then they'll probably find someone who isn't such a problem.

Solutions to bullying and stalking are circumstance- and individual specific. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

But here are some general tips that can help.

The first thing you can do either as the person being bullied or as a bystander (even if you are afraid to intervene) is make a detailed record of every bully-victim interaction or uncomfortable situation. Note dates, times, direct quotes of what was said, circumstances, and even record your personal feelings. Time-stamped photographs can help too. This can be invaluable if the problem requires some kind of legal intervention down the road. It can also help you to identify patterns in behaviour, and develop plans for dealing with potential future interactions.

Secondly, find people you trust and tell them about the problems. Even if they aren't in a position to do anything immediately, talking about being bullied can help you to normalize your feelings, solicit feedback (so you're not stuck wondering if something is all in your head), and may make it easier for you to get help when it's needed more immediately. If you are a young person especially - involve adults you trust.

Third, come up with some strategies for avoiding the problem person or dealing with the bullying behaviour. This is of course where things become very situation-specific. Remember though, that not everyone has to be John Wayne. Sometimes this can be as simple as changing your routine, avoiding certain groups of people, or not visiting certain places. Sometimes it can be a lot more difficult. It's a lot harder to avoid a person who sits beside you in a chemistry class, for example (although you can request a different seating arrangement).

Articulation is power. Learn the law where you are, as well as local anti-bullying or anti-stalking policies in your workplace or school. It helps to know at what point, for example, someone can be arrested for doing certain things (lurking around your property, making demeaning posts about you on social media, etc.)

As for writing "false police reports" - in situations where the police are called, everyone will tell the police (and potentially later a judge) their own version of events and sometimes people will outright lie. In my experience (having worked in law enforcement) lies are quite often easy to spot. This is because the truth always adds up, and lies are peppered with inconsistencies. Don't worry about what someone else says to cover their own behind and just because the police write something down, doesn't mean that they believe it. Often, they are simply making a record of what was said in the event that it needs to be examined in court.

If you are being bullied, have you stopped to consider what you might be doing to attract bullies? Not saying that you are contributing, but based on your other posts here that were deleted, maybe you need to stop and ask if you are part of the problem.

Evo you do realize that telling someone they deserve abuse makes you verbally abusive and a cyberbully!
READING ALL MY OTHER POSTS??

GROSSSSSSSSSSS
Do not reply or I will be reporting you to the authorities. I truly don't want anything to do with you so I prefer if you don't even talk to me.

Last edited:
I<3KateWinslet said:
Evo you do realize that telling someone they deserve abuse makes you verbally abusive and a cyberbully!

She never said you deserve abuse. Do you know what is the Olweus classification of the bullying victims? Basically there are two types: passive and provocative victims. All the Evo says is that your posts so far can suggest you are in the latter group. It doesn't mean you deserve abuse, it means you probably attract abuse by your own actions. That's something completely different.

It happens my wife teaches bullied kids how to change their behavior so that they no longer provoke abuse. It works. One of the things you should stop doing is misrepresenting others statements and exaggeration.

Last edited:
I<3KateWinslet said:
READING ALL MY OTHER POSTS??

GROSSSSSSSSSSS
Do not reply or I will be reporting you to the authorities. I truly don't want anything to do with you so I prefer if you don't even talk to me.

The way you totally misunderstood Evo's post and then accused her of being cyberbully is totally ridiculous. This is probably the kind of behavior that is getting you bullied. Are you not aware of it?

I kind of hope you're just trolling and not really this unaware. People on the physics forums are very nice and spend a lot of time helping people out. They aren't a good troll target and you're wasting your time looking for anyone to give angry/funny responses.

Not to mention, mentors have a responsibility to monitor what people are posting on this site, so they will regularly check out the posts made by new members.

Here's an article on bullying from PBS:

http://www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/topic/bullying

One of the discussion points was how there is a nuanced hierarchy of bullying in the school and work setting where victims are also bullies to other kids.

One particularly famous work example was in the Schenectady City School District and was chronicled in the NPR show This American Life:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/419/petty-tyrant

A friend of mine who's not one to be easily intimidated worked for this guy and was terrified of what he might do next as were many other coworkers.

OP is banned, am I right? Is he/she banned for his/her answer to Evo?!

Strange said:
OP is banned, am I right? Is he/she banned for his/her answer to Evo?!
No. Additional posts they made caused their ban. Trolling is not acceptable.

OP seems like an obvious troll to me...

Time to close this since the OP no longer exists.

1. Has anyone ever been stalked by a bully?

Yes, it is unfortunately a common occurrence for people to be stalked by bullies. Bullying behavior can manifest in many forms, including stalking.

2. How does someone know if they are being stalked by a bully?

If someone is repeatedly being harassed, threatened, or intimidated by the same individual, it is possible that they are being stalked by a bully. It is important to trust your instincts and seek help if you feel unsafe.

3. Can a bully be charged with stalking?

Yes, depending on the laws in your specific jurisdiction, a bully can be charged with the crime of stalking if they are engaging in a pattern of behavior that causes fear or distress in their victim. It is important to document evidence of the stalking and report it to the authorities.

4. How can someone protect themselves from being stalked by a bully?

If you are being stalked by a bully, it is important to take steps to protect yourself. This may include seeking help from a trusted adult, documenting evidence, and avoiding contact with the bully. It may also be helpful to seek support from a therapist or counselor to cope with the emotional effects of being stalked.

5. Is there a way to prevent bullying and stalking behavior?

While it is not possible to completely prevent bullying and stalking behavior, there are steps that can be taken to address and deter it. This includes educating individuals about the harmful effects of bullying, promoting a culture of kindness and respect, and holding perpetrators accountable for their actions.