Readmission to University After Disqualification: Experiences Shared

• Thread starter justPAB
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is asking if anyone has gone through the process of applying for readmission to a university they have previously attended and been put on academic probation or disqualified. The speaker shares their own experience of being disqualified from UCF due to low grades but has since raised their GPA and completed all the requirements for readmission. They are now waiting for a reply from the university. The speaker also mentions a powerpoint from the engineering department at UCF that stated very few people are granted readmission. The speaker also asks if the person has obtained their AA degree.
justPAB
Has anyone ever applied for readmission to a university you've attended before and were put on academic probation or disqualified? It happened to me, and I am going through that process. I just want to know how tough it was? I was disqualified from UCF because I got low grades, I was going through a rough time, but I've raised my GPA and I've applied for readmission. I've completed all the requirements, now I'm just waiting for a reply from them. Has anyone been through this before?

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure, but I remember seeing on a powerpoint from the engineering dept (at UCF) that explicity said very few who apply for readmission are granted it... just to be realistic. Do you have your AA now?

EDIT - that was for if you were kicked out, not if you left while on probation of your own accord. Not sure of your specific circumstances.

1) What is the process for readmission after being disqualified from a university?

The process for readmission after disqualification from a university varies depending on the specific institution. Generally, it involves submitting an application or petition to the university's admissions or academic appeals office. This may also require providing supporting documentation, such as an explanation of the circumstances leading to disqualification, letters of recommendation, or proof of academic improvement.

2) Is there a time limit for applying for readmission?

Again, the time limit for applying for readmission after disqualification can vary by university. Some institutions may have a specific deadline for readmission applications, while others may allow for applications to be submitted at any time. It is important to check with the university for their specific policies and deadlines.

3) What factors are considered in the readmission decision?

The factors considered in the readmission decision also vary by university. Generally, academic performance, progress towards degree completion, and any extenuating circumstances or evidence of improvement are taken into account. Some universities may also consider factors such as personal statements, interviews, and references.

4) Can I appeal a readmission decision?

Yes, it is often possible to appeal a readmission decision if you feel it was made unfairly. This typically involves submitting additional information or evidence to support your case. However, the appeals process also varies by university, so it is important to check with the institution for their specific procedures.

5) Will my previous coursework still count towards my degree if I am readmitted?

Again, the answer to this question can vary by university. In some cases, previous coursework may still count towards your degree requirements, especially if you were readmitted within a certain time frame. However, it is important to note that readmission does not guarantee credit for previous coursework, as the university may have different requirements or standards for academic progress.