Has anyone taken Japan's MEXT scholarship here?

• Admissions
  • Thread starter nico nico nii
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scholarship
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's interest in studying mechatronics engineering in Japan and their search for scholarships. They specifically mention the MEXT scholarship and inquire about its difficulty and passing grade. The responder does not have personal experience with the scholarship but has heard positive things about it and knows successful applicants. They mention that the application process is rigorous and requires high academic achievement, and the passing grade for tests is also high. They wish the speaker luck with their studies.
nico nico nii
I'm interested in studying mechatronics engineering in Japan, so I googled for some scholarships and as of now I haven't found satisfactory info about the MEXT (Japanese government) scholarships. Has anyone ever took or even succeded to get this scholarship? I'd really love to know more about the difficulty of the problems and its passing grade.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry to say that I do not have any direct experience with the MEXT scholarship. However, I have heard good things about it and I know many people who have been successful in their applications. From what I understand, the application process is quite rigorous and requires a high level of academic achievement. The passing grade for the tests is also quite high, so you will need to be prepared and put in a lot of effort to be successful. Good luck with your studies!

1. What is the MEXT scholarship and who is eligible to apply for it?

The MEXT scholarship is a scholarship program offered by the Japanese government to international students who wish to study in Japan. It covers a wide range of fields and is open to undergraduate, graduate, and research students from all over the world.

2. What are the benefits of the MEXT scholarship?

The MEXT scholarship offers numerous benefits, including a full tuition waiver, a monthly stipend for living expenses, and a round-trip airfare to Japan. It also provides opportunities for cultural exchange and language learning, as well as potential job opportunities in Japan after graduation.

3. How can I apply for the MEXT scholarship?

The application process for the MEXT scholarship varies depending on the country you are applying from. Generally, you will need to submit an application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a research plan or statement of purpose. Some countries may also require you to take a language proficiency test.

4. What are the selection criteria for the MEXT scholarship?

The selection criteria for the MEXT scholarship include academic excellence, a strong research plan or statement of purpose, and a good understanding of Japanese language and culture. Some countries may also consider financial need and the applicant's potential contribution to their home country's development.

5. Is it difficult to be selected for the MEXT scholarship?

The MEXT scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship and the selection process is rigorous. However, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and submit a strong application, you have a chance of being selected. It is important to carefully follow the application guidelines and showcase your academic achievements and potential in your application materials.