Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Has the forums been acting wierd?

1. Oct 19, 2008 #1
    Half the times since I've I get on physics forums through firefox, the browser shows the url and shows a window but the whole page is blank... Does it have anything to do with moving servers yesterday? This never happened b4 yesterday

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2008 #2
    Greg set that up special for you, because he thinks you smell funny. To solve this problem, I would recommend showering more frequently. :wink:

j/k, I don't know, I'm using chrome and haven't had any problems since it came back up.

4. Oct 20, 2008 #3
    I'm using firefox today with no problems. I like some features of chrome, but some toolbars (esp. for the test-generator in our university's "blackboard" software) don't come up properly... so I'm not a full convert yet.

5. Oct 20, 2008 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Probably just a side effect of the server move. Shouldn't last long.

6. Oct 21, 2008 #5
    For me,
    Quick Links doesn't work,
    I get a "Done, but with errors on page message."

Ive got a Phish probing my PC getting through the firewall collecting data at about 5% baud.

7. Oct 22, 2008 #6
    The forums have definitely been acting very wierd! The only topic which PF seems to be making popular are those with some girlfriend-boyfriend issues.

8. Oct 22, 2008 #7
    First step is always clearing your browser cookies and cache.

9. Oct 23, 2008 #8
    Nope doesn't work! Same dumb topics coming up. I have a hunch its got nothing to do with my cookies. What do you think?

10. Oct 23, 2008 #9

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What do you mean by "same dumb topics coming up?"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?