Has the forums been acting wierd?

• Thread starter Ghost803
  • Start date
In summary: It could be because of server move,but not sure.In summary, users of the physics forums have been experiencing problems with the website, including blank pages, error messages, and issues with certain features not working properly. Some speculation has been made that these issues may be related to a recent server move, but this cannot be confirmed. Some users have suggested clearing browser cookies and cache as a potential solution, but others have not found this to be effective. There has also been discussion about topics on the forum, with some users finding them uninteresting.
Ghost803
Half the times since I've I get on physics forums through firefox, the browser shows the url and shows a window but the whole page is blank... Does it have anything to do with moving servers yesterday? This never happened b4 yesterday

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg set that up special for you, because he thinks you smell funny. To solve this problem, I would recommend showering more frequently. :wink:

j/k, I don't know, I'm using chrome and haven't had any problems since it came back up.

I'm using firefox today with no problems. I like some features of chrome, but some toolbars (esp. for the test-generator in our university's "blackboard" software) don't come up properly... so I'm not a full convert yet.

Probably just a side effect of the server move. Shouldn't last long.

For me,
Quick Links doesn't work,
I get a "Done, but with errors on page message."

Ive got a Phish probing my PC getting through the firewall collecting data at about 5% baud.

The forums have definitely been acting very wierd! The only topic which PF seems to be making popular are those with some girlfriend-boyfriend issues.

Nope doesn't work! Same dumb topics coming up. I have a hunch its got nothing to do with my cookies. What do you think?

anirudh215 said:
Nope doesn't work! Same dumb topics coming up. I have a hunch its got nothing to do with my cookies. What do you think?

What do you mean by "same dumb topics coming up?"

What could be causing the forums to act weird?

There could be several factors causing the forums to act weird, such as server issues, bugs in the coding, or a high volume of traffic on the site.

Is there a way to fix the weird behavior of the forums?

Yes, if the issue is related to server problems or coding bugs, it can be fixed by the website's technical team. However, if the issue is due to high traffic, it may take some time for the forums to return to normal.

Can user activity affect the forums' behavior?

Yes, if multiple users are experiencing the same issue, it could be due to a bug or technical problem. However, if only one user is experiencing weird behavior, it could be a problem with their device or internet connection.

What should I do if I encounter weird behavior on the forums?

If you encounter weird behavior on the forums, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, you can report it to the website's technical team.

How long will it take for the forums to return to normal?

This depends on the cause of the weird behavior. If it is a minor issue, it may be resolved quickly. However, if it is a larger problem, it may take longer for the forums to return to normal.