Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hashin-Shtrikman bounds

1. Dec 21, 2008 #1
    Is anyone familiar with the Hashin-Shtrikman bounds and the principles behind them? Will you be so kind as to post a simple explanation?

So far, what I have grasped is that they came up with a functional and the bounds are obtained when a certain tensor is chosen to be positive definite/negative definite.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2010 #2
    hi
    I am working on the same problem Hashin-Shtrikman formula for permittivity of a homogeneous uniaxially anisotropic material.I have the formula of permittivity of the same material.

But I don't know to derive it . Please help me If you have got any idea in this topic.

4. Oct 1, 2010 #3
    hi
    I am working on the same problem Hashin-Shtrikman formula for permittivity of a homogeneous uniaxially anisotropic material.I have the formula of permittivity of the same material.

But I don't know to derive it . Please help me If you have got any idea in this topic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?