1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hashin-Shtrikman bounds

1. Dec 21, 2008 #1
    Is anyone familiar with the Hashin-Shtrikman bounds and the principles behind them? Will you be so kind as to post a simple explanation?

So far, what I have grasped is that they came up with a functional and the bounds are obtained when a certain tensor is chosen to be positive definite/negative definite.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2010 #2
    hi
    I am working on the same problem Hashin-Shtrikman formula for permittivity of a homogeneous uniaxially anisotropic material.I have the formula of permittivity of the same material.

But I don't know to derive it . Please help me If you have got any idea in this topic.

4. Oct 1, 2010 #3
    hi
    I am working on the same problem Hashin-Shtrikman formula for permittivity of a homogeneous uniaxially anisotropic material.I have the formula of permittivity of the same material.

But I don't know to derive it . Please help me If you have got any idea in this topic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook