1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hassani's Mathematical Physics

1. Jul 3, 2009 #1
    I have just finished my junior year as a physics undergraduate and I am looking for a mathematical physics textbook that will help me to learn about some of the more advanced areas of the subject. I have already gone through "Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences" by Mary Boas. I am considering buying Hassani's book and I would just like to hear some opinions on it before I spend the money. Is this book a good choice for my next text to read on the subject? I was also considering Arfken but Hassani seems to cover all the same topics plus additional ones. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2009 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Overall, I kike Hassani much better than Arfken, but there are some things that Arfen does better, like special functions, e.g., the properties of the various types of Bessel functions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook